    medium sized office.

    I'm sure you can work out my email address.

    Thanks, Rob.
    Rob Nicholson, Feb 8, 2006

  2. "Rob Nicholson" <rob_nicholson@nospam_informed-direct.com> wrote in message
    news:dsccmf$k0u$1$...
    > I'm looking for a independent UK based VOIP consultant who has a wide
    > knowledge of the various VOIP PBX systems for impartial advice on picking
    > VOIP PBX system for use in the terminal server/Citrix environment in a
    > medium sized office.
    >
    > I'm sure you can work out my email address.
    >
    > Thanks, Rob.

    Two basic options: -

    If you want to keep circuit switched for incoming / legacy / peace of mind
    then
    Panasonic KX-TDA of appropriate size, plus add in VOIP cards.
    else
    Avaya.

    If you want to do CTI, then it gets more complicated.
    R. Mark Clayton, Feb 8, 2006

  3. Rob Nicholson

    tony sayer Guest

    In article <dsccmf$k0u$1$>, Rob Nicholson
    <rob_nicholson@nospam_informed-direct.com> writes
    >I'm looking for a independent UK based VOIP consultant who has a wide
    >knowledge of the various VOIP PBX systems for impartial advice on picking a
    >VOIP PBX system for use in the terminal server/Citrix environment in a
    >medium sized office.
    >
    >I'm sure you can work out my email address.
    >
    >Thanks, Rob.

    We've done a Voispeed system and after some initial problems its now
    ticking fine:).

    Www.telecoms.co.uk supplied it FWIW....
    --
    Tony Sayer
    tony sayer, Feb 8, 2006
  4. > Www.telecoms.co.uk supplied it FWIW....

    I came across their website whilst looking at Swyx - one of the few sites
    where you can buy a PBX online via a shopping basket :)

    Cheers, Rob.
    Rob Nicholson, Feb 8, 2006

  5. >> Www.telecoms.co.uk supplied it FWIW....

    > I came across their website whilst looking at Swyx - one of the few sites
    > where you can buy a PBX online via a shopping basket :)

    I *instantly* navigate any site that starts talking to me (or playing
    music for that matter). Unsolicited audio is find for Kids sites, and
    might even be OK on some B2C sites, but it's inexcusable to have
    something like that on a B2B site. Don't they realise that most
    visitors will be working in an office environment, and that the last
    thing they'll want is a talking PC???

    I wonder how much traffic they lose as a result of this?

    P.
    paul ockenden, Feb 8, 2006
  6. Rob Nicholson

    anon Guest

    paul ockenden wrote:

    > I *instantly* navigate any site that starts talking to me (or playing
    > music for that matter). Unsolicited audio is find for Kids sites, and

    Unsolicited audio is unwelcome in my book from any site, just like the
    "noisy" adverts (there was one which had idiots with car horns) that
    are sometimes on TV at 3 in the morning.

    > Don't they realise that most visitors will be working in an office
    > environment, and that the last thing they'll want is a talking PC???

    In an office environment, many PCs have no need for speakers, so yours
    might be the exception, but anyway, one has easy options to mute any
    sound, or simply keep it at very low level.
    anon, Feb 8, 2006