    raised.
    I'm gonna sell my flat and want to place some of the cash off-shore i.e. no
    tax on savings.
    Use.Netuser.ntl, May 12, 2005

  2. Use.Netuser.ntl

    Guest

    On Thu, 12 May 2005 02:41:37 GMT, "Use.Netuser.ntl"
    <> wrote:

    |>Wazzup group.
    |>
    |>Anyone work for a bank in the UK? Can you tell me how much money in a single
    |>payment you can transmit/receive overseas before anti-laundering flags are
    |>raised.
    |>I'm gonna sell my flat and want to place some of the cash off-shore i.e. no
    |>tax on savings.

    Not from UK but if you want info on off-shore banking try here:
    http://www.aljazeera.com/ my host file is active and I can't tell but
    that site usually advertises off-shore banking -a lot-

    --
    , May 12, 2005

  3. <> wrote
    > On Thu, 12 May 2005 02:41:37 GMT, "Use.Netuser.ntl"
    >
    > |>Wazzup group.
    > |>
    > |>Anyone work for a bank in the UK? Can you tell me how much money in a

    single
    > |>payment you can transmit/receive overseas before anti-laundering flags

    are
    > |>raised.
    > |>I'm gonna sell my flat and want to place some of the cash off-shore i.e.

    no
    > |>tax on savings.
    >
    > Not from UK but if you want info on off-shore banking try here:
    > http://www.aljazeera.com/ my host file is active and I can't tell but
    > that site usually advertises off-shore banking -a lot-

    Funny. I guess it'll be more smart arse comments to follow.
    I already have an offshore account in Jersey which is perfectly legal and
    above board.
    Anyone cr to answer my original question?
    Use.Netuser.ntl, May 12, 2005
  4. Use.Netuser.ntl wrote:
    > <> wrote
    >
    >>On Thu, 12 May 2005 02:41:37 GMT, "Use.Netuser.ntl"

    > single

    > are

    > no

    >>Not from UK but if you want info on off-shore banking try here:
    >>http://www.aljazeera.com/ my host file is active and I can't tell but
    >>that site usually advertises off-shore banking -a lot-

    > Funny. I guess it'll be more smart arse comments to follow.
    > I already have an offshore account in Jersey which is perfectly legal and
    > above board.
    > Anyone cr to answer my original question?

    Probably not, since you misinterpreted Pennywise's attempt to actually
    help you as being "smart arse". If you want banking info on U.S. banks,
    say so. If you want "offshore" (usually meaning from countries that
    don't exactly check every possible detail about a customer's affairs)
    then say so. Aljazeera probably has a very good reason to advertise
    offshore banking.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, May 12, 2005
  5. "Rôgêr" <> wrote ...

    > >>Not from UK but if you want info on off-shore banking try here:
    > >>http://www.aljazeera.com/ my host file is active and I can't tell but
    > >>that site usually advertises off-shore banking -a lot-

    > > Funny. I guess it'll be more smart arse comments to follow.
    > > I already have an offshore account in Jersey which is perfectly legal

    and
    > > above board.
    > > Anyone cr to answer my original question?

    > Probably not, since you misinterpreted Pennywise's attempt to actually
    > help you as being "smart arse". If you want banking info on U.S. banks,
    > say so. If you want "offshore" (usually meaning from countries that
    > don't exactly check every possible detail about a customer's affairs)
    > then say so. Aljazeera probably has a very good reason to advertise
    > offshore banking.

    Ok I apologise if I mis-interpreted.
    Let me re-phrase my question ...
    How much funds in UK pounds may be tranfered to an offshore account in this
    case Jersey before there is a legal obligation by the bank to flag the
    transaction as un-usual or whatever. In the past less than 4,000 UK pounds
    was fine however above the figure resulted in you automatically being added
    to the un-usual trans-actions list and hence the tax man would kow all about
    it.
    Use.Netuser.ntl, May 12, 2005
  6. On Thu, 12 May 2005 05:23:17 GMT, "Use.Netuser.ntl"
    <> wrote:

    >"Rôgêr" <> wrote ...

    >> > Funny. I guess it'll be more smart arse comments to follow.
    >> > I already have an offshore account in Jersey which is perfectly legal

    >and
    >> > above board.
    >> > Anyone cr to answer my original question?

    >> Probably not, since you misinterpreted Pennywise's attempt to actually
    >> help you as being "smart arse". If you want banking info on U.S. banks,
    >> say so. If you want "offshore" (usually meaning from countries that
    >> don't exactly check every possible detail about a customer's affairs)
    >> then say so. Aljazeera probably has a very good reason to advertise
    >> offshore banking.

    >Ok I apologise if I mis-interpreted.
    >Let me re-phrase my question ...
    >How much funds in UK pounds may be tranfered to an offshore account in this
    >case Jersey before there is a legal obligation by the bank to flag the
    >transaction as un-usual or whatever. In the past less than 4,000 UK pounds
    >was fine however above the figure resulted in you automatically being added
    >to the un-usual trans-actions list and hence the tax man would kow all about
    >it.

    Why should anyone want to assist you in what appears to be an illegal
    activity, that is tax avoidance.
    Edward W. Thompson, May 12, 2005
  7. Edward W. Thompson wrote:
    > On Thu, 12 May 2005 05:23:17 GMT, "Use.Netuser.ntl"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>"Rôgêr" <> wrote ...

    >>and

    >>>Probably not, since you misinterpreted Pennywise's attempt to actually
    >>>help you as being "smart arse". If you want banking info on U.S. banks,
    >>>say so. If you want "offshore" (usually meaning from countries that
    >>>don't exactly check every possible detail about a customer's affairs)
    >>>then say so. Aljazeera probably has a very good reason to advertise
    >>>offshore banking.

    >>Ok I apologise if I mis-interpreted.
    >>Let me re-phrase my question ...
    >>How much funds in UK pounds may be tranfered to an offshore account in this
    >>case Jersey before there is a legal obligation by the bank to flag the
    >>transaction as un-usual or whatever. In the past less than 4,000 UK pounds
    >>was fine however above the figure resulted in you automatically being added
    >>to the un-usual trans-actions list and hence the tax man would kow all about
    >>it.
    >>

    > Why should anyone want to assist you in what appears to be an illegal
    > activity, that is tax avoidance.

    I disagree, I think he's basically asking what is *legal* to transfer
    offshore. He's not said anything about hiding it, just not drawing
    attention to it.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, May 12, 2005
  8. Use.Netuser.ntl

    Scraggy Guest

    Edward W. Thompson wrote:
    > On Thu, 12 May 2005 05:23:17 GMT, "Use.Netuser.ntl"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> "Rôgêr" <> wrote ...

    >>> Probably not, since you misinterpreted Pennywise's attempt to
    >>> actually help you as being "smart arse". If you want banking info
    >>> on U.S. banks, say so. If you want "offshore" (usually meaning from
    >>> countries that don't exactly check every possible detail about a
    >>> customer's affairs) then say so. Aljazeera probably has a very good
    >>> reason to advertise offshore banking.

    >> Ok I apologise if I mis-interpreted.
    >> Let me re-phrase my question ...
    >> How much funds in UK pounds may be tranfered to an offshore account
    >> in this case Jersey before there is a legal obligation by the bank
    >> to flag the transaction as un-usual or whatever. In the past less
    >> than 4,000 UK pounds was fine however above the figure resulted in
    >> you automatically being added to the un-usual trans-actions list and
    >> hence the tax man would kow all about it.
    >>

    > Why should anyone want to assist you in what appears to be an illegal
    > activity, that is tax avoidance.

    Tax avoidance is not illegal. Tax evasion is.
    http://www.adviceonline.co.uk/topicalcontent/tax_avoid/

    --
    One of many
    Scraggy, May 12, 2005
  9. Use.Netuser.ntl

    Stickems. Guest

    A UK Bank that I used to use would, each time a large cheque was deposited,
    take an extra day or two to credit my account. This annoyed me intensely and
    I accused them of holding the money for this short time in order to take the
    interest. This was totally wrong, but it was all I could think of at the
    time. I persisted in my enquiries and was told that if a cheque was over
    £10,000 it was diverted to another department who made investigations, in
    order to comply with government money laundering regulations. This was about
    five years ago.

    Stickems., May 12, 2005