    pup?!

    thanks

    Richard

    Richard Stanton, Jan 1, 2005

  2. Richard Stanton

    Irulan Guest

    "Richard Stanton" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello all
    >
    > I've got the Alien Quadrilogy 9 disk set and jolly nice it is too.
    > Disk 3 is supposed to be Aliens - containing the theatrical and
    > extended versions, but all it has is the extended version and some
    > extras - interview with Jim Cameron and behind the scenes footage.
    > The menus are also quite different from the menus throughout the rest
    > of the set. Is this the same for everyone else or have I been sold a
    > pup?!
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > Richard

    Richard, I just checked my copy of disc 3. Now, mind you this is the Region
    1 edition.
    When you start the disc, look at the right side of the menu. Mine has the
    word BACK on there. Click on that and up will come a menu showing 2 versions
    of the ALIENS movie: the EXTENDED VERSION and under it the THEATRICAL
    version. You can pick which one to watch.
    Also, the menu looks the same as the rest of the discs.

    --

    Irulan
    from the stars we come

    Irulan, Jan 1, 2005

  3. Richard Stanton

    Sean O'Hara Guest

    In the Year of the Monkey, the Great and Powerful Richard Stanton
    declared:

    > I've got the Alien Quadrilogy 9 disk set and jolly nice it is too.
    > Disk 3 is supposed to be Aliens - containing the theatrical and
    > extended versions, but all it has is the extended version and some
    > extras - interview with Jim Cameron and behind the scenes footage.
    > The menus are also quite different from the menus throughout the rest
    > of the set. Is this the same for everyone else or have I been sold a
    > pup?!

    What you describe sounds like the old stand-alone /Aliens/ DVD. Does
    the behind-the-scenes stuff consist solely of footage with no narration?

    --
    Sean O'Hara | http://diogenes-sinope.blogspot.com
    Matisse was born in 1869. John Denver in 1943. Donna Summer in 1948.

    Sean O'Hara, Jan 2, 2005
  4. Richard Stanton

    Nick Guest

    I've got the r2 and it sounds to me like you've got a dodgy disk. Not that
    I'd watch the theatrical version anyway...

    Nick, Jan 3, 2005
  5. Richard Stanton

    Guest

    Richard Stanton wrote:
    > Hello all
    >
    > I've got the Alien Quadrilogy 9 disk set and jolly nice it is too.
    > Disk 3 is supposed to be Aliens - containing the theatrical and
    > extended versions, but all it has is the extended version and some
    > extras - interview with Jim Cameron and behind the scenes footage.
    > The menus are also quite different from the menus throughout the rest
    > of the set. Is this the same for everyone else or have I been sold a
    > pup?!
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > Richard

    Thanks for your replies. I haven't watched the behind the scenes stuff
    yet so I don't know whether there's narration. I thought the same -
    that it must have come from a previous release. Perhaps it's a rarity
    and will be worth a king's ransom! Look out for it on ebay sometime
    soon!

    , Jan 5, 2005