    we want to ensure correct display of data for Japanese users, which
    attribute do we set - uiCulture or Culture or both? thank u =)
    , Sep 12, 2006

  2. Sept. 12, 2006

    UICulture:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...ThreadingThreadClassCurrentUICultureTopic.asp

    CultureInfo:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...fSystemGlobalizationCultureInfoClassTopic.asp

    The CultureInfo class allows you to specify a geographical region based code
    which allows the app to format things like currency using the correct
    symbols (and time).

    The UICulture is for the ResourceManager to look up stored strings (UI text
    stored in different languages - you must do the translation and storage) for
    the language you specify. So if you have "test" translated into Japanese and
    Mexican languages and stored as resources, then you can use the UICulture to
    look up the correct "test" translation after you specify which language to
    get.

    Hope this helps!
    --

    Joseph Bittman
    Microsoft Certified Solution Developer

    Blog/Web Site: http://CactiDevelopers.ResDev.Net/

    Joseph Bittman MVP MCSD, Sep 12, 2006

  3. asca Guest

    Very clear explanations. Thank you very much!

    asca, Sep 12, 2006
  4. Sept. 12, 2006

    No problem :)!

    Joseph Bittman MVP MCSD, Sep 13, 2006