    I just wanted to get this entered into the record. When Israel defends itself
    again, there will be no reason for the whining apologists here to question
    why.
    G. Morgan, Mar 1, 2009

  2. G. Morgan

    Iapetus Guest

    G. Morgan wrote:
    > "JERUSALEM — The former British prime minister Tony Blair visited war-battered
    > Gaza on Sunday for the first time in his role as the international envoy for
    > Palestinian development, a day before international donors were to meet in
    > Egypt on the Gaza reconstruction effort.
    >
    > The visit came after militants from Hamas-ruled Gaza launched 11 rockets at
    > southern Israel over the weekend, causing no casualties but striking an empty
    > school in the coastal city of Ashkelon."

    Compared too Israel dropping phosphorus and 2,000 guided bombs, killing
    hundreds.

    BTW, Israel is still blocking aid from getting into Gaza, so although I
    don't condone what HAMAS do, I understand why.
    Iapetus, Mar 1, 2009

  3. On Sun, 01 Mar 2009 18:52:36 -0500, SgtMinor wrote:

    > G. Morgan wrote:
    >> "JERUSALEM — The former British prime minister Tony Blair visited
    >> war-battered Gaza on Sunday for the first time in his role as the
    >> international envoy for Palestinian development, a day before
    >> international donors were to meet in Egypt on the Gaza reconstruction
    >> effort.
    >>
    >> The visit came after militants from Hamas-ruled Gaza launched 11 rockets
    >> at southern Israel over the weekend, causing no casualties but striking
    >> an empty school in the coastal city of Ashkelon."
    >>
    >> http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/02/world/middleeast/02mideast.html
    >>
    >> I just wanted to get this entered into the record. When Israel defends
    >> itself again, there will be no reason for the whining apologists here to
    >> question why.
    >>

    > OK then, the difference between you and the Palestinians is clear: they
    > choose to resist their oppressors, you would kneel down before them and
    > lick their boots.

    And someone like Hamas whose stated intention is to wipe you off the face
    of the Earth, you would welcome with open arms, would you.
    William Poaster, Mar 2, 2009
  4. G. Morgan

    G. Morgan Guest

    SgtMinor wrote:

    >G. Morgan wrote:
    >> "JERUSALEM — The former British prime minister Tony Blair visited war-battered
    >> Gaza on Sunday for the first time in his role as the international envoy for
    >> Palestinian development, a day before international donors were to meet in
    >> Egypt on the Gaza reconstruction effort.
    >>
    >> The visit came after militants from Hamas-ruled Gaza launched 11 rockets at
    >> southern Israel over the weekend, causing no casualties but striking an empty
    >> school in the coastal city of Ashkelon."
    >>
    >> http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/02/world/middleeast/02mideast.html
    >>
    >> I just wanted to get this entered into the record. When Israel defends itself
    >> again, there will be no reason for the whining apologists here to question
    >> why.
    >>

    >OK then, the difference between you and the Palestinians is clear: they
    >choose to resist their oppressors, you would kneel down before them and
    >lick their boots.

    That is a huge assumption you deduced from insufficient information.

    I will expect to see you crying about how Israel's next campaign is "tyranny"
    and "illegal", when in fact, it will be a response to repeated provocation.
    G. Morgan, Mar 2, 2009
  5. G. Morgan

    zvnteq7 Guest

    Iapetus wrote:
    > G. Morgan wrote:
    >> "JERUSALEM — The former British prime minister Tony Blair visited
    >> war-battered
    >> Gaza on Sunday for the first time in his role as the international
    >> envoy for
    >> Palestinian development, a day before international donors were to
    >> meet in
    >> Egypt on the Gaza reconstruction effort.
    >>
    >> The visit came after militants from Hamas-ruled Gaza launched 11
    >> rockets at
    >> southern Israel over the weekend, causing no casualties but striking
    >> an empty
    >> school in the coastal city of Ashkelon."

    > Compared too Israel dropping phosphorus and 2,000 guided bombs, killing
    > hundreds.
    >

    > BTW, Israel is still blocking aid from getting into Gaza, so although I
    > don't condone what HAMAS do, I understand why.

    Ditto
    zvnteq7, Mar 2, 2009
  6. G. Morgan

    Buffalo Guest

    Iapetus wrote:

    > BTW, Israel is still blocking aid from getting into Gaza, so although
    > I don't condone what HAMAS do, I understand why.

    If you understand it so well, please post back with the explanation.
    Buffalo
    Buffalo, Mar 2, 2009
  7. G. Morgan

    Iapetus Guest

    G. Morgan wrote:
    > SgtMinor wrote:
    >
    >> G. Morgan wrote:
    >>> "JERUSALEM — The former British prime minister Tony Blair visited war-battered
    >>> Gaza on Sunday for the first time in his role as the international envoy for
    >>> Palestinian development, a day before international donors were to meet in
    >>> Egypt on the Gaza reconstruction effort.
    >>>
    >>> The visit came after militants from Hamas-ruled Gaza launched 11 rockets at
    >>> southern Israel over the weekend, causing no casualties but striking an empty
    >>> school in the coastal city of Ashkelon."
    >>>
    >>> http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/02/world/middleeast/02mideast.html
    >>>
    >>> I just wanted to get this entered into the record. When Israel defends itself
    >>> again, there will be no reason for the whining apologists here to question
    >>> why.
    >>>

    >> OK then, the difference between you and the Palestinians is clear: they
    >> choose to resist their oppressors, you would kneel down before them and
    >> lick their boots.

    > That is a huge assumption you deduced from insufficient information.
    >
    > I will expect to see you crying about how Israel's next campaign is "tyranny"
    > and "illegal", when in fact, it will be a response to repeated provocation.

    So when the IRA were carrying out terrorist activities it would have
    been acceptable and expected to bomb the shit out of Ireland and kill
    thousands in the process?

    As it is our government was told to let a known terrorist organisation,
    Sinn Fein and it's leader Gerry Adams, not only stand for election, but
    share power even when they only got 3% of the vote.

    Oh... Plus ALL terrorist released, no matter what they did, as a sign of
    good faith.

    All brokerd by hypocrites in the US trying to appease their
    Irish-American voters.
    Iapetus, Mar 2, 2009
  8. G. Morgan

    zvnteq7 Guest

    Buffalo wrote:
    > Iapetus wrote:
    >>
    >> BTW, Israel is still blocking aid from getting into Gaza, so although
    >> I don't condone what HAMAS do, I understand why.

    > If you understand it so well, please post back with the explanation.
    > Buffalo

    because Israel has acted atrociously towards Palestinians for years,
    ripping off their land, ripping off MORE land (settlements in the West
    Bank that will probably never end), displacing refugees, blowing up
    houses, etcccccccccccc ALL in the name of "We're God's chosen to we do
    what we want and no other group matters so tough!", haven't you watched
    Bob Simon's report on 60 Mins regarding the situation there?

    Israel knew what they were getting into when they started taking over
    land, so my position with all the mess they find themselves in is "Oh
    well..."
    zvnteq7, Mar 2, 2009
  9. G. Morgan

    Iapetus Guest

    Buffalo wrote:
    > Iapetus wrote:
    >>
    >> BTW, Israel is still blocking aid from getting into Gaza, so although
    >> I don't condone what HAMAS do, I understand why.

    > If you understand it so well, please post back with the explanation.
    > Buffalo

    If another country was bombing the shit out of yours, starving your kids
    and killing thousands of your countrymen through heavy sanctions, would
    you'd bend over and ask the occupying forces to shaft you up the arse as
    hard as they like?

    I wouldn't.
    Iapetus, Mar 2, 2009
  10. G. Morgan

    Buffalo Guest

    zvnteq7 wrote:
    > Buffalo wrote:
    >> Iapetus wrote:
    >>>
    >>> BTW, Israel is still blocking aid from getting into Gaza, so
    >>> although I don't condone what HAMAS do, I understand why.

    >> If you understand it so well, please post back with the explanation.
    >> Buffalo
    >>

    > because Israel has acted atrociously towards Palestinians for years,
    > ripping off their land, ripping off MORE land (settlements in the West
    > Bank that will probably never end), displacing refugees, blowing up
    > houses, etcccccccccccc ALL in the name of "We're God's chosen to we
    > do what we want and no other group matters so tough!", haven't you
    > watched Bob Simon's report on 60 Mins regarding the situation there?
    >
    > Israel knew what they were getting into when they started taking over
    > land, so my position with all the mess they find themselves in is "Oh
    > well..."

    Thank you for your explanation.
    Buffalo
    Buffalo, Mar 2, 2009
  11. G. Morgan

    Buffalo Guest

    Iapetus wrote:
    > Buffalo wrote:
    >> Iapetus wrote:
    >>>
    >>> BTW, Israel is still blocking aid from getting into Gaza, so
    >>> although I don't condone what HAMAS do, I understand why.

    >> If you understand it so well, please post back with the explanation.
    >> Buffalo
    >>

    > If another country was bombing the shit out of yours, starving your
    > kids and killing thousands of your countrymen through heavy
    > sanctions, would you'd bend over and ask the occupying forces to
    > shaft you up the arse as hard as they like?
    >
    > I wouldn't.

    Thanks for your viewpoint and explanation.
    Buffalo
    Buffalo, Mar 2, 2009
  12. G. Morgan

    catchme Guest

    William Poaster wrote:

    > And someone like Hamas whose stated intention is to wipe you off the face
    > of the Earth, you would welcome with open arms, would you.

    there is much dispute as to what the official version of that quote is,
    and what was intended.
    The original translation as reported by the media is thought to be a
    grievous error.

    Further, it would appear that if these rockets were indeed fired by
    Hamas, that they were almost intended to miss incurring casualties.
    I cannot imagine otherwise- if you had a few rockets and fired them
    randomly, most likely you would find a lot more casualties,
    consistently, than Hamas has EVER done within the past YEAR!!!
    If these rockets were indeed fired by Hamas, then they must have the
    worse luck(?)
    or no casualties were INTENDED (or if any, very minimal), in which case:

    If by Fatah with the intent to APPEAR that Hamas was responsible, well,
    that's politics.
    IF it is a CIA 'black op', it is expected that the US would do something
    like that
    If it were Israel attacking their own people (Germany did this once to
    claim 'self defence' in invading Poland).....(?)

    Whenever there is a skirmish between Israel and Palistine, it is the
    latter who suffer the most injuries- one could hardly take a threat to
    wipe Israel from the face of the earth, as serious even if that was
    their intent.
    catchme, Mar 2, 2009
  13. G. Morgan

    catchme Guest

    G. Morgan wrote:

    > I will expect to see you crying about how Israel's next campaign is "tyranny"
    > and "illegal", when in fact, it will be a response to repeated provocation.

    uh-huh; someone throws a few rocks at your mailbox and you would respond
    with a 'self defence' rpg
    catchme, Mar 2, 2009
  14. G. Morgan

    catchme Guest

    Buffalo wrote:
    > Iapetus wrote:
    >>
    >> BTW, Israel is still blocking aid from getting into Gaza, so although
    >> I don't condone what HAMAS do, I understand why.

    > If you understand it so well, please post back with the explanation.
    > Buffalo

    how about the US and various other nations refusing to do trade, and
    imposing sanctions upon Palistine the day Hamas was elected- and elected
    DESPITE attempts by the US to interfere with their election.
    Then lets look at how the US tried to finance Fatah to stage a coup
    against the recently elected Hamas, only for Hamas to storm Fatah
    headquarters and get on the direct line to Rice, the conversation going
    something like "hello, Condoleeza? this is Hamas...."
    or perhaps the US government doesnt tell their citizens about details
    like that?

    --
    To the States or any one of them, or any city of the States,
    Resist much, obey little,

    -Walt Whitman, 1860
    catchme, Mar 2, 2009
  15. G. Morgan

    G. Morgan Guest

    catchme wrote:

    >G. Morgan wrote:
    >

    >> I will expect to see you crying about how Israel's next campaign is "tyranny"
    >> and "illegal", when in fact, it will be a response to repeated provocation.
    >>

    >uh-huh; someone throws a few rocks at your mailbox and you would respond
    >with a 'self defence' rpg

    These are not rocks, they are *rockets* with *explosives* - a school was
    destroyed over the weekend. What do you suggest Israel do about it, nothing?
    G. Morgan, Mar 2, 2009
  16. G. Morgan

    Iapetus Guest

    G. Morgan wrote:
    > catchme wrote:
    >
    >> G. Morgan wrote:
    >>
    >>> I will expect to see you crying about how Israel's next campaign is "tyranny"
    >>> and "illegal", when in fact, it will be a response to repeated provocation.
    >>>

    >> uh-huh; someone throws a few rocks at your mailbox and you would respond
    >> with a 'self defence' rpg

    > These are not rocks, they are *rockets* with *explosives* - a school was
    > destroyed over the weekend. What do you suggest Israel do about it, nothing?

    The school wasn't targeted, those fireworks couldn't even hit a city
    most of the time.

    On the other hand Israel targeted and destroyed around 40 schools in
    Gaza along with another 4,000 buildings, 20,000 were severely damaged.
    Iapetus, Mar 2, 2009