Ugh: Dialling Rules on a Zoom x5v router with VoIP

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by linker3000, May 25, 2006.

  1. linker3000

    linker3000 Guest

    OK guys:

    I have setup a Zoom X5V ADSL router (with VoIP) on a remote site and
    successfully connected it to the Asterisk server at HQ - all working OK.

    To make things connect (all through VoIP, nothing over the PSTN/ADSL
    line) I deleted the default dial rules string, which was for the US
    anyway, but there are a couple of things I'd like to try and fix with a
    rule if necessary or possible. I have had a good read of the help pages
    and done a bit of Googling, but I'm not much the wiser on rule
    construction so here's the challenge:

    1) The attached phone is a BT model and it has a 1571 button on the
    front - can it be 'fixed' through a rule to send *97 to the Asterisk server?

    2) The hash key is not being seen as such by Asterisk. I can't see
    anything in the X5V's setup that might program this - any ideas?

    Thanks, as usual.

    linker3000, May 25, 2006

  2. linker3000

    alexd Guest

    linker3000 wrote:

    > OK guys:
    >
    > I have setup a Zoom X5V ADSL router (with VoIP) on a remote site and
    > successfully connected it to the Asterisk server at HQ - all working OK.
    >
    > To make things connect (all through VoIP, nothing over the PSTN/ADSL
    > line) I deleted the default dial rules string, which was for the US
    > anyway, but there are a couple of things I'd like to try and fix with a
    > rule if necessary or possible. I have had a good read of the help pages
    > and done a bit of Googling, but I'm not much the wiser on rule
    > construction so here's the challenge:
    >
    > 1) The attached phone is a BT model and it has a 1571 button on the
    > front - can it be 'fixed' through a rule to send *97 to the Asterisk
    > server?

    Probably. You may be able to do it with a dialplan on the X5V [can't say,
    never used one myself], but it would make more sense to create exten=> 1571
    on the Asterisk server, thus making debugging much easier if things go
    wrong. Of course this presumes that 1571 isn't already a valid extension.

    > 2) The hash key is not being seen as such by Asterisk. I can't see
    > anything in the X5V's setup that might program this - any ideas?

    It could be used internally by whatever Asterisk applications you're using,
    maybe?

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    18:45:33 up 7 days, 12:42, 0 users, load average: 0.00, 0.10, 0.17

    alexd, May 27, 2006