    flash memory out. I tried several flashes, but the same problem. I am
    using Windows XP on a pentium dual core.
    Thanks in advance and waiting for your advice. moh ism

    ism, Sep 26, 2008

  2. ism

    ism Guest

    On Sep 26, 4:12 am, ism <> wrote:
    > Dear friends
    > Now I got a problem for stopping the UCB connection for flash memory.
    > When connecting flash memory to my computer through the ucb
    > connection, it works well. Copying, deleting of files goes well.
    > Before removing the flash memory, it ought to be stopped using the
    > lower icon. Every time trying to stop, I got a message stopping is not
    > possible now and I have to wait. So, I turn off my computer to get the
    > flash memory out. I tried several flashes, but the same problem. I am
    > using Windows XP on a pentium dual core.
    > Thanks in advance and waiting for your advice. moh ism

    Sorry I used C instead of S in USB connection.

    ism, Sep 26, 2008

  3. ism

    Guest

    ism <> wrote:

    >Dear friends
    >Now I got a problem for stopping the UCB connection for flash memory.
    >When connecting flash memory to my computer through the ucb
    >connection, it works well. Copying, deleting of files goes well.
    >Before removing the flash memory, it ought to be stopped using the
    >lower icon. Every time trying to stop, I got a message stopping is not
    >possible now and I have to wait. So, I turn off my computer to get the
    >flash memory out. I tried several flashes, but the same problem. I am
    >using Windows XP on a pentium dual core.
    >Thanks in advance and waiting for your advice. moh ism

    One reason you can't remove USB devices is because they are being
    used.

    You might check the USB device for an autoplay.ini (or autorun.ini),
    it could be starting a program (a security type for one) that you
    aren't aware of. - so it can't be stopped cause as the program is
    running.

    If you find one see what it's running (it's a text file) rename or
    remove it.

    Just in case, to see hidden files:
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial62.html#winxp
    --