    Ian Jenkins Guest

    Anyone know how to speed up an internal dial up modem in Ubuntu Linux.
    Where is the settings file.
    Ian Jenkins, May 10, 2005

  2. Ian Jenkins

    Peter Guest

    Ian Jenkins wrote:
    > Anyone know how to speed up an internal dial up modem in Ubuntu Linux.
    > Where is the settings file.

    You'll probably need some details on the modem, such as chipset.
    I don't know about Ubuntu, but a google search on the modem chipset should
    help.

    HTH

    Peter
    Peter, May 10, 2005

  3. Ian Jenkins

    Ian Jenkins Guest

    Ian Jenkins wrote:
    > Anyone know how to speed up an internal dial up modem in Ubuntu Linux.
    > Where is the settings file.

    I have the modem details. It is a USR 56k internal hardware modem.
    It runs so slowly in Ubuntu the Linux distribution is worthless. In fact
    Ubuntu wont do much so Im going back to Win98.
    Ian Jenkins, May 10, 2005