    I have a Motorola Cable Modem, Dell Dimension 8200, Linksys Wireless-G
    Router.
    Linux is good but this connection problem ain't so good.

    Lorenzo 1950, Oct 7, 2007

  2. Lorenzo 1950

    Mike Easter Guest

    Lorenzo 1950 wrote:
    > Seems my internet connect icon is missing from the panel. Is there a
    > manual way to connect?

    What is your ethernet card?

    > Cannot connect manually.
    > I have a Motorola Cable Modem, Dell Dimension 8200, Linksys Wireless-G
    > Router.

    According to Dell, the 8200 mobo doesn't have an integrated ethernet, so
    you must have a PCI card for your ethernet.

    Some ethernet cards need a little extra 'handholding' or such as
    ndiswrapper to work.

    Are you talking about the liveCD not seeing the eth0 or a hdd install?

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Oct 7, 2007