    computer. I have broadband, not dial-up.

    Thanks
    Lodi

    Lodi, Jan 18, 2009

  2. Lodi

    Lodi Guest

    >On Mon, 19 Jan 2009 11:07:47 +1300, Allistar wrote:

    >> Lodi wrote:

    >> Hi all...using Ubuntu 8.10.
    >>
    >> Anyone know a programme which will send a fax of a document stored on
    >> my computer. I have broadband, not dial-up.

    > Without a normal dial-up style modem you'll have to take advantage of a
    > service provider that acts as a document->fax gateway.
    >
    > If you have a normal dial-up modem then you just use that with normal
    > faxing software (the fact that you have broadband is largely
    > irrelevant).

    Yep. Sorry about that. Didn't explain myself too well. I know faxing
    requires analogue hence the broadband comment.

    Google likes the term "fax gateway" you used. Something like that
    accessible from NZ for a one-off fax should do the trick

    Thanks
    Lodi

    Lodi, Jan 18, 2009

  3. Lodi

    oneofus Guest

    Lodi wrote:
    > Hi all...using Ubuntu 8.10.
    >
    > Anyone know a programme which will send a fax of a document stored on my
    > computer. I have broadband, not dial-up.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Lodi

    Why don't you email it ?
    For a fax machine to receive your document it needs to be transmitted
    through an analogue telephone line.
    If you have a serial fax modem you can use efax-gtk.
    Or you could send a fax from teh intarwebs
    http://www.savetz.com/fax/

    oneofus, Jan 18, 2009
  4. Lodi

    oneofus Guest

    Lodi wrote:
    > Hi all...using Ubuntu 8.10.
    >
    > Anyone know a programme which will send a fax of a document stored on my
    > computer. I have broadband, not dial-up.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Lodi

    Here's one
    http://www.kiwifax.com/sendEmail.html

    oneofus, Jan 18, 2009
  5. Lodi

    Lodi Guest

    >On Mon, 19 Jan 2009 11:37:30 +1300, oneofus wrote:

    >> Lodi wrote:
    >> Hi all...using Ubuntu 8.10.
    >>
    >> Anyone know a programme which will send a fax of a document stored on
    >> my computer. I have broadband, not dial-up.
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> Lodi

    > Here's one
    > http://www.kiwifax.com/sendEmail.html

    Thanks very much for both your posts. Definitely what I was looking for.

    Although as they're not really set up for a one-off faxer it may do me
    good to walk the two miles down to the local post-shop and pay them $1.50
    to send it.

    Regards
    Lodi

    Lodi, Jan 18, 2009
  6. Lodi

    Mike Dee Guest

    On Sun, 18 Jan 2009 21:21:51 +0000, Lodi wrote:

    > Hi all...using Ubuntu 8.10.
    >
    > Anyone know a programme which will send a fax of a document stored on my
    > computer. I have broadband, not dial-up.

    If you can put up with the handle "Zoiper" ;-)

    And if the receiving end supports T.38 fax, Zoiper can send and receive
    this fax protocol over IP

    <http://www.zoiper.com/zlinux.php> (vers. 2.07 for Linux)

    Oh, and it also acts as a nice sip/iax softphone, if you have a need for
    a good VoIP client on Linux (or Windows or Mac), freeware.

    --
    dee

    Mike Dee, Jan 19, 2009