    Can someone tell me, are all resale/non-telecom customers on UBS?

    If so, why does no one complain about Telstra's resale ADSL lag/latency?

    A.D.
    A.D., Feb 27, 2005

  2. A.D.

    A.D. Guest

    A.D. wrote:
    > Can someone tell me, are all resale/non-telecom customers on UBS?
    >
    > If so, why does no one complain about Telstra's resale ADSL lag/latency?
    >
    > A.D.

    And why is no one touching this question?
    A.D., Feb 28, 2005

  3. A.D. wrote:
    >> Can someone tell me, are all resale/non-telecom customers on UBS?
    >> If so, why does no one complain about Telstra's resale ADSL lag/latency?

    > And why is no one touching this question?

    would anyone here really go UBS(a known troubled product), with Telstra
    Clear(a known troubled company{with regards to support})?

    but seriously? I havent heard anything, although no-ones pushing for
    customers quite like Orcon, even Ihugs Bliink seems fine from what I
    have read/heard.

    --
    Dave.net.nz
    reply addy is e
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Feb 28, 2005
  4. A.D.

    MC Guest

    "A.D." <> wrote in news::

    > Can someone tell me, are all resale/non-telecom customers on
    > UBS?

    No.

    Telstraclear have a complaint before the commerce commission about
    UBS, and can't legally complain if they have signed a contract with
    Telescum for UBS, so they had a choice of sign or complain and they
    complained (God bless them, somebody had to).

    IHug also had a complaint (IIRC), but that was withdrawn after
    Telescum gave them a better/different deal on resale of JetStream.

    Mark
    MC, Feb 28, 2005
  5. MC wrote:
    > IHug also had a complaint (IIRC), but that was withdrawn after
    > Telescum gave them a better/different deal on resale of JetStream.

    I knew they had one, and knew they had pulled it, but hadn't read why...
    heh, another 0867 thing then.
    Dave - dave.net.nz, Feb 28, 2005
  6. Dave - dave.net.nz said the following on 1/03/2005 11:52 a.m.:
    > MC wrote:
    >
    >> IHug also had a complaint (IIRC), but that was withdrawn after
    >> Telescum gave them a better/different deal on resale of JetStream.

    > I knew they had one, and knew they had pulled it, but hadn't read why...
    > heh, another 0867 thing then.

    Yep Ihug are in Bed with telescum for sure. The 0867 thing went away
    when telescum paid Ihug $19million (IIRC) to cahnge over to 0867 IP dial
    up. The Woods boys both started driving the Latest BMWs about the same time.

    | Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |
    Collector»NZ, Mar 1, 2005
  7. A.D.

    A.D. Guest

    MC wrote:
    > "A.D." <> wrote in news::
    >

    >>Can someone tell me, are all resale/non-telecom customers on
    >>UBS?

    > No.
    >
    > Telstraclear have a complaint before the commerce commission about
    > UBS, and can't legally complain if they have signed a contract with
    > Telescum for UBS, so they had a choice of sign or complain and they
    > complained (God bless them, somebody had to).
    >
    > IHug also had a complaint (IIRC), but that was withdrawn after
    > Telescum gave them a better/different deal on resale of JetStream.
    >
    > Mark

    Marvelous! I think it's time to reassign myself.

    Who decided privatize Telecom in the first place??? Isn't THAT the root
    of this problem? (If you gave a child some paint and a monopoly board
    game, can you blame them for the outcome?).

    A.D.
    A.D., Mar 1, 2005
  8. A.D.

    colinco Guest

    In article A.D. says...
    > Who decided privatize Telecom in the first place??? Isn't THAT the root
    > of this problem? (If you gave a child some paint and a monopoly board
    > game, can you blame them for the outcome?).

    Is it telecom that's the problem or how much upstream bandwidth the ISP
    contracts for. You can't aggressively tout for business than be
    surprised at how congested your links are.
    colinco, Mar 1, 2005
  9. A.D. wrote:
    > Who decided privatize Telecom in the first place??? Isn't THAT the root
    > of this problem? (If you gave a child some paint and a monopoly board
    > game, can you blame them for the outcome?).

    heh. I love monopoly... I always used to win.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Mar 1, 2005
  10. colinco wrote:
    >>Who decided privatize Telecom in the first place??? Isn't THAT the root
    >>of this problem? (If you gave a child some paint and a monopoly board
    >>game, can you blame them for the outcome?).

    > Is it telecom that's the problem or how much upstream bandwidth the ISP
    > contracts for. You can't aggressively tout for business than be
    > surprised at how congested your links are.

    actually, with UBS this is a Telecom problem...they allocate 24kbit/UBS
    customer, what this means is that oyu need all the mah and pah home
    users to jump on, and not use it to even out the people that jump on and
    do use it.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Mar 1, 2005
  11. A.D.

    SchoolTech Guest

    In article <42242e11$> in nz.comp on Tue, 01 Mar 2005
    21:55:07 +1300, A.D. <> says...
    > MC wrote:
    > > "A.D." <> wrote in news::
    > >

    > >>Can someone tell me, are all resale/non-telecom customers on
    > >>UBS?

    > > No.
    > >
    > > Telstraclear have a complaint before the commerce commission about
    > > UBS, and can't legally complain if they have signed a contract with
    > > Telescum for UBS, so they had a choice of sign or complain and they
    > > complained (God bless them, somebody had to).
    > >
    > > IHug also had a complaint (IIRC), but that was withdrawn after
    > > Telescum gave them a better/different deal on resale of JetStream.
    > >
    > > Mark

    > Marvelous! I think it's time to reassign myself.
    >
    > Who decided privatize Telecom in the first place??? Isn't THAT the root
    > of this problem? (If you gave a child some paint and a monopoly board
    > game, can you blame them for the outcome?).

    The issue is not privatisation, it's monopoly.

    There were complaints galore about Telecom's record when they were a
    state owned monopoly.
    SchoolTech, Mar 1, 2005
  12. A.D.

    Bok Guest

    A.D. wrote:

    > Who decided privatize Telecom in the first place??? Isn't THAT the root
    > of this problem? (If you gave a child some paint and a monopoly board
    > game, can you blame them for the outcome?).

    what, like eat the monopoly board and tip the paint all over their head
    carpet ? :)
    Bok, Mar 2, 2005