    Do the 1Mbit, 2Mbit plans fall into this wholesale agreement thru other
    ISPs?

    If not, is it back to the Commerce Commission again?

    Paul, Oct 25, 2004

  2. Paul

    Hmmm Guest

    Paul wrote:
    > How does the new Telecom JetStream plans affect the whole UBS deal?
    >
    > Do the 1Mbit, 2Mbit plans fall into this wholesale agreement thru other
    > ISPs?
    >
    > If not, is it back to the Commerce Commission again?

    The faster speeds are meant to start being wholesaled next year in
    march.. 512 and then a month later 1 megabit etc.. Again from telecoms
    track record so far with ubs those dates are very optomistic,
    considering they havent even managed to get ubs out on 256 yet, and wont
    probably until january..

    Hmmm, Oct 25, 2004

  3. Paul wrote:

    > How does the new Telecom JetStream plans affect the whole UBS deal?
    >
    > Do the 1Mbit, 2Mbit plans fall into this wholesale agreement thru other
    > ISPs?
    >
    > If not, is it back to the Commerce Commission again?

    Just a question, did you investigate this before posting, or just wanted
    to stir up more shit about something that we have essencially no control
    over.

    read some tech news and maybe the DSL list archives.

    --
    Dave.net.nz
    reply addy is e

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Oct 25, 2004
  4. Paul

    Paul Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > Paul wrote:
    >
    >> How does the new Telecom JetStream plans affect the whole UBS deal?
    >>
    >> Do the 1Mbit, 2Mbit plans fall into this wholesale agreement thru
    >> other ISPs?
    >>
    >> If not, is it back to the Commerce Commission again?

    > Just a question, did you investigate this before posting, or just wanted
    > to stir up more shit about something that we have essencially no control
    > over.
    >
    > read some tech news and maybe the DSL list archives.

    Didn't want to stir anything.

    I just heard from someone today about it and checked Telecom's website...

    Just wanted to be sure I had a reason to be annoyed.

    Paul

    Paul, Oct 25, 2004
  5. Paul

    MarkH Guest

    Paul <> wrote in

    > I just heard from someone today about it and checked Telecom's
    > website...
    >
    > Just wanted to be sure I had a reason to be annoyed.

    If it's Telecom then the odds are that you do have very good reason to be
    annoyed.

    Basically during the month that the UBS 256k plans start Telecom decided to
    offer 2MBit through Xtra, but will not let other ISPs wholesale it for 6
    months. Does this seem to be a little anti-competitive or what! It also
    gives them an excuse for delays in converting other ISPs customers over to
    the UBS service.

    --
    Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
    See my pics at www.gigatech.co.nz
    understand binary and those that don't"

    MarkH, Oct 26, 2004
  6. In article <lhkfd.1836894$>, MarkH <> wrote:
    >Paul <> wrote in
    >> I just heard from someone today about it and checked Telecom's
    >> website...
    >>
    >> Just wanted to be sure I had a reason to be annoyed.

    >If it's Telecom then the odds are that you do have very good reason to be
    >annoyed.
    >
    >Basically during the month that the UBS 256k plans start Telecom decided to
    >offer 2MBit through Xtra, but will not let other ISPs wholesale it for 6
    >months. Does this seem to be a little anti-competitive or what! It also
    >gives them an excuse for delays in converting other ISPs customers over to
    >the UBS service.

    I do note, however, a lack of surprise in all these postings. This, at
    least, is good news :)

    Bruce

    ------------------------------
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals
    dying of nothing.

    -Redd Foxx

    (if there were any)

    Bruce Sinclair, Oct 26, 2004
  7. Paul

    EMB Guest

    MarkH wrote:

    > Basically during the month that the UBS 256k plans start Telecom decided to
    > offer 2MBit through Xtra, but will not let other ISPs wholesale it for 6
    > months.

    Other ISP's can however retail it effective immediately just as they did
    the pre-UBS ADSL offerings.

    --
    EMB

    EMB, Oct 26, 2004
  8. Paul

    Damon Nomad Guest

    On , , Mon, 25 Oct 2004 22:00:58 +1300, Re: UBS & new Telecom
    plans, Paul <> wrote:

    >Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    >> Paul wrote:
    >>
    >>> How does the new Telecom JetStream plans affect the whole UBS deal?
    >>>
    >>> Do the 1Mbit, 2Mbit plans fall into this wholesale agreement thru
    >>> other ISPs?
    >>>
    >>> If not, is it back to the Commerce Commission again?

    >> Just a question, did you investigate this before posting, or just wanted
    >> to stir up more shit about something that we have essencially no control
    >> over.
    >>
    >> read some tech news and maybe the DSL list archives.
    >>

    >Didn't want to stir anything.
    >
    >I just heard from someone today about it and checked Telecom's website...
    >
    >Just wanted to be sure I had a reason to be annoyed.

    So you wouldn't have been annoyed if you hadn't known?

    Damon Nomad, Oct 26, 2004
  9. Paul

    Paul Guest

    Damon Nomad wrote:
    > On , , Mon, 25 Oct 2004 22:00:58 +1300, Re: UBS & new Telecom
    > plans, Paul <> wrote:
    >

    >>Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    >>>Just a question, did you investigate this before posting, or just wanted
    >>>to stir up more shit about something that we have essencially no control
    >>>over.
    >>>
    >>>read some tech news and maybe the DSL list archives.
    >>>

    >>Didn't want to stir anything.
    >>
    >>I just heard from someone today about it and checked Telecom's website...
    >>
    >>Just wanted to be sure I had a reason to be annoyed.

    > So you wouldn't have been annoyed if you hadn't known?

    That's correct.

    But then that would involve not knowing... which is unlikely considering
    the way news spreads about these things.

    Paul

    Paul, Oct 26, 2004
  10. Paul

    MarkH Guest

    EMB <> wrote in news:clkndb$srv$:

    > MarkH wrote:
    >

    >> Basically during the month that the UBS 256k plans start Telecom
    >> decided to offer 2MBit through Xtra, but will not let other ISPs
    >> wholesale it for 6 months.

    > Other ISP's can however retail it effective immediately just as they
    > did the pre-UBS ADSL offerings.

    Exactly! Telecom is screwing over the UBS that it didn't want in the first
    place! The retailing can only be done under the terms and conditions set
    by Telecom, unlike UBS. Of course the ISP will make practically nothing
    when reselling Telecoms pre-packaged deal, screwed again - naturally.

    --
    Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
    See my pics at www.gigatech.co.nz
    understand binary and those that don't"

    MarkH, Oct 26, 2004
  11. Paul

    Steve Guest

    "MarkH" <> wrote in message
    > EMB <> wrote in news:clkndb$srv$:
    >
    > > MarkH wrote:
    > >

    > >> Basically during the month that the UBS 256k plans start Telecom
    > >> decided to offer 2MBit through Xtra, but will not let other ISPs
    > >> wholesale it for 6 months.

    > > Other ISP's can however retail it effective immediately just as they
    > > did the pre-UBS ADSL offerings.

    > Exactly! Telecom is screwing over the UBS that it didn't want in the

    first
    > place! The retailing can only be done under the terms and conditions set
    > by Telecom, unlike UBS. Of course the ISP will make practically nothing
    > when reselling Telecoms pre-packaged deal, screwed again - naturally.
    >

    > --
    > Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
    > See my pics at www.gigatech.co.nz
    > "There are 10 types of people, those that
    > understand binary and those that don't"

    What I'd like to know is why they can switch me up to 256k with no hassles
    but in 3 weeks (give or take) since I registered for UBS they haven't been
    able to switch me over to that. Essentially the same process, I imagine(?)

    Cheers,

    (an angry) Steve

    Steve, Oct 26, 2004
  12. Steve wrote:
    > What I'd like to know is why they can switch me up to 256k with no hassles
    > but in 3 weeks (give or take) since I registered for UBS they haven't been
    > able to switch me over to that. Essentially the same process, I imagine(?)

    because it is not the same process... no-where near it.

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Oct 26, 2004
  13. Paul

    steve Guest

    Paul wrote:

    > How does the new Telecom JetStream plans affect the whole UBS deal?

    It appears to make it obselete.

    You can have 2mbps with Telecom now......or via UBS you get to stay 256k
    with whoever.

    > Do the 1Mbit, 2Mbit plans fall into this wholesale agreement thru other
    > ISPs?

    No.....as usual, Telecom is delaying and dangling this carrot before ISPs to
    keep them compliant - and regulators off their back - until such tims as
    most people are on 2mbps with Telecom and have no incentive to change to a
    UBS via another ISP.

    they are using the same logic Microsoft employs by including MS IE and MS OE
    with Windows.....It's there....why would you go to the effort of changing?

    > If not, is it back to the Commerce Commission again?

    Telecom will play "chicken" with regulators for as long as they can get away
    with it.

    Remember Xtra at $2/hour?

    Remeber how Xtra got IP-Net - FIRST - at the very best per-minute rate
    (despite not having a single paying customer).

    This has been going on for years.....same old crap from the same old telco.

    --
    Distributed Computing Projects:
    SETI at Home

    steve, Oct 29, 2004
  14. Paul

    steve Guest

    Bruce Sinclair wrote:

    > In article <lhkfd.1836894$>, MarkH
    > <> wrote:
    >>Paul <> wrote in
    >>> I just heard from someone today about it and checked Telecom's
    >>> website...
    >>>
    >>> Just wanted to be sure I had a reason to be annoyed.

    >>If it's Telecom then the odds are that you do have very good reason to be
    >>annoyed.
    >>
    >>Basically during the month that the UBS 256k plans start Telecom decided
    >>to offer 2MBit through Xtra, but will not let other ISPs wholesale it for
    >>6
    >>months. Does this seem to be a little anti-competitive or what! It also
    >>gives them an excuse for delays in converting other ISPs customers over to
    >>the UBS service.

    > I do note, however, a lack of surprise in all these postings. This, at
    > least, is good news :)

    True....more and more people are waking up to how Telecom does business.

    steve, Oct 29, 2004
  15. Paul

    Mutley Guest

    steve <> wrote:

    >Paul wrote:
    >
    >> How does the new Telecom JetStream plans affect the whole UBS deal?

    >It appears to make it obselete.
    >
    >You can have 2mbps with Telecom now......or via UBS you get to stay 256k
    >with whoever.
    >
    >> Do the 1Mbit, 2Mbit plans fall into this wholesale agreement thru other
    >> ISPs?

    >No.....as usual, Telecom is delaying and dangling this carrot before ISPs to
    >keep them compliant - and regulators off their back - until such tims as
    >most people are on 2mbps with Telecom and have no incentive to change to a
    >UBS via another ISP.
    >
    >they are using the same logic Microsoft employs by including MS IE and MS OE
    >with Windows.....It's there....why would you go to the effort of changing?
    >
    >> If not, is it back to the Commerce Commission again?

    >Telecom will play "chicken" with regulators for as long as they can get away
    >with it.
    >
    >Remember Xtra at $2/hour?

    I remember Voyager at $10/hour when I joined in 1995

    Mutley, Oct 30, 2004