    on their helpdesk line.
    --
    Shaun (~misfit~)

    Shaun \(~misfit~\), Mar 15, 2006

  2. Shaun \(~misfit~\)

    Chris Hope Guest

    Shaun (~misfit~) wrote:

    > My UBS has dropped out today for the first time since Actrix did what
    > Orcon wouldn't and got Telecom to fix my line. Been out for a
    > half-hour or so now. I rang Actrix and hit '1' for network status and
    > they said Telecom were experiencing NZ-wide problems and I could be
    > getting "failure to authenticate" problems. A friend just called me on
    > an unrelated matter and they're connected just fine through Xtra right
    > now, it would seem only the wholesale ISPs are affected. Another
    > insidious attempt by Telecom to reduce the public's opinion of ISPs
    > other than Xtra?
    >
    > Xtra should be forced to use the same UBS offering that all the other
    > ISPs have to use. To not do so is unfair (and illegal?) manipulation
    > of the market.
    >
    > Anyone else having problems? It must be big as it's Actrix's opening
    > message on their helpdesk line.

    It's working for me using Orcon.

    Chris Hope, Mar 15, 2006

  3. Chris Hope wrote:
    > Shaun (~misfit~) wrote:
    >
    >> My UBS has dropped out today for the first time since Actrix did what
    >> Orcon wouldn't and got Telecom to fix my line. Been out for a
    >> half-hour or so now. I rang Actrix and hit '1' for network status and
    >> they said Telecom were experiencing NZ-wide problems and I could be
    >> getting "failure to authenticate" problems. A friend just called me
    >> on an unrelated matter and they're connected just fine through Xtra
    >> right now, it would seem only the wholesale ISPs are affected.
    >> Another insidious attempt by Telecom to reduce the public's opinion
    >> of ISPs other than Xtra?
    >>
    >> Xtra should be forced to use the same UBS offering that all the other
    >> ISPs have to use. To not do so is unfair (and illegal?) manipulation
    >> of the market.
    >>
    >> Anyone else having problems? It must be big as it's Actrix's opening
    >> message on their helpdesk line.

    > It's working for me using Orcon.

    Yeah, working for me too now. (Or I couldn't have posted). It was out for
    over 30 minutes, not sure exactly how long.

    Cheers,
    --
    Shaun (~misfit~)

    Shaun \(~misfit~\), Mar 15, 2006
  4. Shaun \(~misfit~\)

    Guest

    Shaun (~misfit~) wrote:

    > My UBS has dropped out today for the first time since Actrix did what Orcon
    > wouldn't and got Telecom to fix my line. Been out for a half-hour or so now.
    > I rang Actrix and hit '1' for network status and they said Telecom were
    > experiencing NZ-wide problems and I could be getting "failure to
    > authenticate" problems. A friend just called me on an unrelated matter and
    > they're connected just fine through Xtra right now, it would seem only the
    > wholesale ISPs are affected. Another insidious attempt by Telecom to reduce
    > the public's opinion of ISPs other than Xtra?
    >
    > Xtra should be forced to use the same UBS offering that all the other ISPs
    > have to use. To not do so is unfair (and illegal?) manipulation of the
    > market.
    >
    > Anyone else having problems? It must be big as it's Actrix's opening message
    > on their helpdesk line.
    > --
    > Shaun (~misfit~)

    Howdy Shaun,

    Actrix was down for me too, from just after midday for an hour or so. I
    phoned the helpdesk at 12:30-ish and they apologised and said "not too
    sure where the problem is but we're working on it. Sorry". Half an hour
    later things were back to normal.

    A nation-wide failure as opposed something local obviously.

    Blame Telecom. That's what I always do :)

    Regards
    Miguel

    , Mar 15, 2006
  5. Shaun \(~misfit~\)

    David Empson Guest

    <> wrote:

    > Shaun (~misfit~) wrote:
    >
    > > My UBS has dropped out today for the first time since Actrix did what Orcon
    > > wouldn't and got Telecom to fix my line. Been out for a half-hour or so now.
    > > I rang Actrix and hit '1' for network status and they said Telecom were
    > > experiencing NZ-wide problems and I could be getting "failure to
    > > authenticate" problems.

    > Actrix was down for me too, from just after midday for an hour or so.

    Same here. My router's log says it started at 12:15 and was almost bang
    on an hour.

    Oddly enough, there was a similar outage last Wednesday, but it didn't
    last as long.

    --
    David Empson

    David Empson, Mar 15, 2006