    required to pay a churn fee. Exactly who does this churn fee go to? That
    part that pisses me off is that I could not find the term "churn fee"
    anywhere in Orcon's terms and conditions!

    Bottle Boy, Mar 2, 2005

  2. See my reply to your other post... it was meant to be a reply to this
    message. Either way, both threads are pretty much the same.

    The Other Guy

    The Other Guy, Mar 2, 2005

  3. Bottle Boy

    -=rjh=- Guest

    Bottle Boy wrote:
    > I just spoke with another ISP and found out that if I leave Orcon I would be
    > required to pay a churn fee. Exactly who does this churn fee go to? That
    > part that pisses me off is that I could not find the term "churn fee"
    > anywhere in Orcon's terms and conditions!

    Goes to Telecom.

    I'd be interested to know if you have to pay the churn fee if you go to
    Xtra.

    -=rjh=-, Mar 2, 2005
  4. Bottle Boy

    David Preece Guest

    Bottle Boy wrote:
    > I just spoke with another ISP and found out that if I leave Orcon I would be
    > required to pay a churn fee.

    Ummm, no.

    > Exactly who does this churn fee go to?

    There is a churn fee, my understanding it was payable from "other" ISP's
    to Telecom if you left xtra and went to another UBS service. If you want
    an idea as to why this is not an anti-competitive practice I'm afraid
    you'll have to speak to Douglas Webb. Fuckwit that he is.

    > That
    > part that pisses me off is that I could not find the term "churn fee"
    > anywhere in Orcon's terms and conditions!

    Then you don't have to pay it. Make no mistake, you'll end up paying it
    somewhere - but it won't be explicit, and you certainly won't pay it by
    leaving.

    Dave

    David Preece, Mar 2, 2005
  5. Bottle Boy

    Gordon Guest

    On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 20:46:36 +1300, David Preece wrote:

    > There is a churn fee, my understanding it was payable from "other" ISP's
    > to Telecom if you left xtra and went to another UBS service.

    I understand it to be when one went to UBS. You see this was to encourage
    one to pay Telecom the ADSL fee which you are already paying.

    Gordon, Mar 3, 2005