    the pricing on upgrading it?

    I don't have a service contract, cco account, or ccie certification,
    nor do I want any of these. I just want to upgrade my product.

    JP, Sep 4, 2004

  2. JP

    ec Guest

    "JP" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have a Cisco ubr904 cable access modem/router. It is currently
    > running IOS 11.3. Does anyone have any information about where I can
    > find, if any, information on a free IOS upgrade for this product, or
    > the pricing on upgrading it?
    >
    > I don't have a service contract, cco account, or ccie certification,
    > nor do I want any of these. I just want to upgrade my product.

    Get a service contract.

    ec, Sep 5, 2004

  3. JP

    JP Guest

    "ec" <> wrote in message news:<x_t_c.204066$sh.181518@fed1read06>...
    > "JP" <> wrote in message
    > >I have a Cisco ubr904 cable access modem/router. It is currently
    > > running IOS 11.3. Does anyone have any information about where I can
    > > find, if any, information on a free IOS upgrade for this product, or
    > > the pricing on upgrading it?
    > >
    > > I don't have a service contract, cco account, or ccie certification,
    > > nor do I want any of these. I just want to upgrade my product.

    > Get a service contract.

    I don't want a service contract. that costs $$$. And since it is an
    EOL product, Cisco wants to come to my house to make sure it is in
    good working condition. THat is why I said in my post

    JP, Sep 5, 2004
  4. JP

    Town Dummy Guest

    You can call Cisco and talk to one of their sales people and/or entitlement
    people. Most of the time they are farily reasonable about just giving you
    and upgrade if you are reasonable.

    Town Dummy, Sep 6, 2004
  5. JP wrote:
    > "ec" <> wrote in message news:<x_t_c.204066$sh.181518@fed1read06>...
    >
    >>"JP" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>I have a Cisco ubr904 cable access modem/router. It is currently
    >>>running IOS 11.3. Does anyone have any information about where I can
    >>>find, if any, information on a free IOS upgrade for this product, or
    >>>the pricing on upgrading it?
    >>>
    >>>I don't have a service contract, cco account, or ccie certification,
    >>>nor do I want any of these. I just want to upgrade my product.

    >>Get a service contract.

    > I don't want a service contract. that costs $$$. And since it is an
    > EOL product, Cisco wants to come to my house to make sure it is in
    > good working condition. THat is why I said in my post
    >
    > "I don't have a service contract, cco account, or ccie certification,
    > nor do I want any of these. I just want to upgrade my product."

    Your best bet would probably be to get on CCO, find a security advisory
    that is applicable to your product and whose resolution is a software
    upgrade. Then call up your Cisco rep, quote the security advisory and
    see what they can do for you.

    David Van Cleef, Sep 8, 2004
  6. JP

    JP Guest

    I have talked to Cisco about this and their response was:
    "At this time individual IOS upgrades are not available for the 904
    cable modem. The UBR904 went end of sale in July 2001. New smartnet
    agreements are no longer available for the UBR904. Last availability
    date for a new smartnet agreement was July 2002."

    Seeing as how they are not selling updates, and will not be making any
    money, does anyone have a ubr904 IOS upgrade that I can use. Anything
    in version 11/12 will help.

    Thanks.

    "Town Dummy" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > You can call Cisco and talk to one of their sales people and/or entitlement
    > people. Most of the time they are farily reasonable about just giving you
    > and upgrade if you are reasonable.
    >

    > "ec" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "JP" <> wrote in message
    > > >I have a Cisco ubr904 cable access modem/router. It is currently
    > > > running IOS 11.3. Does anyone have any information about where I can
    > > > find, if any, information on a free IOS upgrade for this product, or
    > > > the pricing on upgrading it?
    > > >
    > > > I don't have a service contract, cco account, or ccie certification,
    > > > nor do I want any of these. I just want to upgrade my product.

    > > Get a

    service contract.

    JP, Sep 20, 2004