Uber Geek Not

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Collector»NZ, Jan 28, 2005.

  1. Just got an email from a client, hes one of these types who likes to
    think he is really with it on computers. When I meet him he raved about
    MS Windows (He had come from a environment with green CLI screens)
    because he could get neat free stuff off the internet (Bonzo Buddy).
    Any way he has just discovered sig lines for email and his (Which I have
    pinched part of)
    "I will use Linux when Pigs Fly!"

    Now the biggest laugh is he has more Linux systems in his office than
    Windows systems. Only the three desktops are windows everything else
    File Server, Database Server, Mail Server, Firewall are Linux that I
    have installed. He is aware of them, just dosnt have access to them.
    (read he is too likely to fiddle with them)

    | Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |
    Collector»NZ, Jan 28, 2005

  2. Collector»NZ

    Dave Taylor Guest

    Collector»NZ <> wrote in news:35tqveF4qne4mU1
    @individual.net:

    > Only the three desktops are windows everything else
    > File Server, Database Server, Mail Server, Firewall are Linux that I
    > have installed. He is aware of them, just dosnt have access to them.
    > (read he is too likely to fiddle with them)

    I don't think there is anything strange about that. MS makes a good
    desktop and office suite, but it is a bit pricey compared to open source
    alternatives.

    --
    Ciao, Dave
    Dave Taylor, Jan 28, 2005