UBCD USB drive problem...

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Dave Doe, Aug 14, 2011.

  1. Dave Doe

    Dave Doe Guest

    I use the UBCD utils on USB quite a lot - but have not been able to get
    the latest UBCD (5.01) to boot from USB at all. I've downloaded it
    twice (on two seperate PC's as it happenned).

    The too I have always used to make a bootable USB is the no-install-
    required, Universal USB Installer ? Easy as 1 2 3 - from
    pendrivelinux.com ...
    http://www.pendrivelinux.com/universal-usb-installer-easy-as-1-2-3/

    This has worked for me a few a couple years or more - making boot USB
    drives for Linux distros - but mainly for the UBCD.

    Can anyone help or shed any light on this problem?

    Also perhaps wondering if there are any suggestions for a trusted
    reliable other method for easily (read GUI s/w) making a boot USB (and
    preferably like the Universal USB installer, that requires no
    installation).

    TIA

    --
    Duncan.

    Dave Doe, Aug 14, 2011

  2. Dave Doe

    Gordon Guest

    On 2011-08-14, Dave Doe <> wrote:
    > I use the UBCD utils on USB quite a lot - but have not been able to get
    > the latest UBCD (5.01) to boot from USB at all. I've downloaded it
    > twice (on two seperate PC's as it happenned).
    >
    > The too I have always used to make a bootable USB is the no-install-
    > required, Universal USB Installer ? Easy as 1 2 3 - from
    > pendrivelinux.com ...
    > http://www.pendrivelinux.com/universal-usb-installer-easy-as-1-2-3/
    >
    > This has worked for me a few a couple years or more - making boot USB
    > drives for Linux distros - but mainly for the UBCD.
    >
    > Can anyone help or shed any light on this problem?
    >
    > Also perhaps wondering if there are any suggestions for a trusted
    > reliable other method for easily (read GUI s/w) making a boot USB (and
    > preferably like the Universal USB installer, that requires no
    > installation).
    >
    > TIA

    Heard of Unetbootin? A copy is on PMagic, so no need to install anything

    Gordon, Aug 15, 2011