    U3 compatable?

    Regards

    Mac

    Mac, Jun 16, 2007

  2. Mac

    WCH Guest

    Mac wrote:
    > Been reading a lot about this U3 stuff recently. Came pre-installed on
    > my wife's USB memory stick and looks quite good.
    > Can the software be installed on any memory stick or does it have to be
    > U3 compatable?
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Mac

    Only U3-specific software is installable on a U3 drive, supposedly. I
    don't know much about what's going on *under the hood* but the U3 system
    works well and let's me carry my browser with bookmarks, my mail with
    account settings, OpenOffice with documents, an FTP utility, a decent
    anti-virus program and still have plenty of staff on a 4gb stick to
    carry various files.

    WCH, Jun 16, 2007

  3. Mac

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "WCH" <> wrote in message
    > Mac wrote:
    >> Been reading a lot about this U3 stuff recently. Came pre-installed on my
    >> wife's USB memory stick and looks quite good.
    >> Can the software be installed on any memory stick or does it have to be
    >> U3 compatable?
    >>
    >> Regards
    >>
    >> Mac

    > Only U3-specific software is installable on a U3 drive, supposedly.

    Someone wasn't listening. The OP wants to put the U3 interface on a
    DIFFERENT (i.e. "non U3" memory stick), not add more software to the U3
    drive he has.

    From what I've read, the U3 system is not available for installation on
    devices that are not originally shipped with it. In other words, Mac is out
    of luck.

    WhzzKdd, Jun 16, 2007