U2 Go Home: Live From Slane Castle Cover Art & Track List

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Mike McGee, Sep 18, 2003.

  1. Mike McGee

    Mike McGee Guest

    Mike McGee, Sep 18, 2003

  2. Mike McGee

    TB Guest

    "Mike McGee" wrote:

    > We have the covert art and track list posted for "U2 Go Home" on DVD.
    > Street date: November 17th 2003
    >
    > http://www.thedigitalreview.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=363
    >
    > Should be a great one...

    Interesting that they've omitted "Mysterious Ways" again from a live dvd as
    it was played that show as well as the shows the Boston live dvd (which
    aside from a couple songs, sports an identical setlist) was recorded from.
    This may be a first for a rock band to release two live home video's from
    the same tour.

    It also kind of sucks that a couple of songs from the first Slane show a
    couple weeks before this one aren't included as bonus tracks including "A
    Sort of Homecoming" which was the only show of the tour it was played. It is
    nice (but a bit odd) that the 1984 "Unforgettable Fire" documentary will be
    included.

    Now if only U2 would get their other live shows (Under a Blood Red Sky,
    ZooTV and Popmart) cleaned up and released on dvd.

    T.B.

    TB, Sep 18, 2003

  3. Mike McGee

    John Guest

    One would have thought that was a given considering there were trailers
    for them on the Elevation DVD...

    John, Sep 19, 2003
  4. Mike McGee

    Jeff Horne Guest

    << It is nice (but a bit odd) that the 1984 "Unforgettable Fire" documentary
    will be
    included. >>

    Actually, not that odd given that the album was recorded inside Slane
    Castle.

    However, as you noted, it is strange that they left off Mysterious Ways
    again. ASOH from the earlier show would have made a nice extra or easter
    egg. And they did play it, sort of, at another show. I've heard a
    recording of one of the shows where the fan who is brought up on stage with
    Bono and Edge during the acoustic portion of the show starts playing a Sort
    of Homecoming. It caught them off guard, but Bono gives it a go.

    Further discussion now moves to a U2 newsgroup near you.

    Jeff Horne

    Jeff Horne, Sep 19, 2003
  5. Mike McGee

    Mike McGee Guest

    I don't think it's been officially confirmed by Universal, but I
    believe this DVD will carry a DTS audio track.

    If so, that would be an excellent addition.

    --
    Mike McGee

    Mike McGee, Sep 19, 2003