    bypassing security passwords.Says he was testing their security
    and meant no harm.Now awaits extradition.
    Frightening, isn't it? Could have been a terrorist.

    sam, Jul 21, 2006

  2. "sam" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >A hacker in the UK has broken into the USA Defense computer
    > bypassing security passwords.Says he was testing their security
    > and meant no harm.Now awaits extradition.
    > Frightening, isn't it? Could have been a terrorist.

    I can't remember the number of times the Defense Departments network has
    been hacked into! You'd think they would spend some extra money to hire
    someone who is really good at writing anti-intrusion software to safeguard
    their network. Oh well, better to spend the money sending people to their
    deaths in Iraq! NOT!

    M2CW,
    Hawkeye65

    The Addison's, Jul 21, 2006

  3. sam

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-07-21, The Addison's <> wrote:

    > "sam" <> wrote in message
    >>A hacker in the UK has broken into the USA Defense computer
    >> bypassing security passwords.Says he was testing their security
    >> and meant no harm.Now awaits extradition.
    >> Frightening, isn't it? Could have been a terrorist.

    > I can't remember the number of times the Defense Departments network has
    > been hacked into! You'd think they would spend some extra money to hire
    > someone who is really good at writing anti-intrusion software to safeguard
    > their network. Oh well, better to spend the money sending people to their
    > deaths in Iraq! NOT!
    >
    > M2CW,
    > Hawkeye65

    Not having it connected to the public internet, would seem to be a first
    step. I'm sure the Government Security Experts in China could help them
    to work out something workable.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Jul 21, 2006
  4. sam

    Leythos Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > A hacker in the UK has broken into the USA Defense computer
    > bypassing security passwords.Says he was testing their security
    > and meant no harm.Now awaits extradition.
    > Frightening, isn't it? Could have been a terrorist.

    Could have been a setup to trap people like him. I'm willing to bet that
    there was nothing secret he could have got at. It's nice to see
    unethical people get caught and hammered.

    --

    remove 999 in order to email me

    Leythos, Jul 21, 2006
  5. sam

    Brian G Guest

    sam wrote:
    > A hacker in the UK has broken into the USA Defense computer
    > bypassing security passwords.Says he was testing their security
    > and meant no harm.Now awaits extradition.
    > Frightening, isn't it? Could have been a terrorist.

    At the moment there are no worse "terrorists" on this planet than the USA.
    Besides, if the yank defence computers are that vulnerable to someone just
    dropping in for a "look-see", then heads should roll - starting with Dumbya
    (note the spelling) Bush, then your Congress, Senate, Defence Department,
    Army, Navy, Air Force and IT contractors - *AND* they should bloodywell be
    grateful that it was one of us friendly Brits that had the nous to do it
    and not Al Qaeda, who once *they* realise that is that easy to hack into
    your defence computers will create mayhem there.

    Brian G, Jul 21, 2006
  6. sam

    Jimchip Guest

    On 2006-07-21, Brian G <> wrote:
    > sam wrote:
    >> A hacker in the UK has broken into the USA Defense computer
    >> bypassing security passwords.Says he was testing their security
    >> and meant no harm.Now awaits extradition.
    >> Frightening, isn't it? Could have been a terrorist.

    > At the moment there are no worse "terrorists" on this planet than the USA.

    Oh God, a political troll. It must be Friday/Early Saturday. Political
    troll day after too many pints.

    --
    In the force if Yoda's so strong, construct a sentence
    with words in the proper order then why can't he?

    Jimchip, Jul 21, 2006
  7. sam

    clot Guest

    Whiskers wrote:
    > On 2006-07-21, The Addison's <> wrote:
    >>
    >> "sam" <> wrote in message
    >>> A hacker in the UK has broken into the USA Defense computer
    >>> bypassing security passwords.Says he was testing their security
    >>> and meant no harm.Now awaits extradition.
    >>> Frightening, isn't it? Could have been a terrorist.

    >> I can't remember the number of times the Defense Departments network
    >> has been hacked into! You'd think they would spend some extra money
    >> to hire someone who is really good at writing anti-intrusion
    >> software to safeguard their network. Oh well, better to spend the
    >> money sending people to their deaths in Iraq! NOT!
    >>
    >> M2CW,
    >> Hawkeye65

    > Not having it connected to the public internet, would seem to be a
    > first step. I'm sure the Government Security Experts in China could
    > help them to work out something workable.

    Drives me crazy when over there that I can't use the BBC sites!

    clot, Jul 22, 2006
  8. sam

    Guest

    Whiskers <> wrote:

    |>Not having it connected to the public internet, would seem to be a first
    |>step. I'm sure the Government Security Experts in China could help them
    |>to work out something workable.

    OT

    Remember the Soviet space shuttle
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shuttle_Buran and how much it look'd like
    the NASA shuttle?

    Well cause it was, it was a 1/3 version of the NASA shuttle. As a
    public agency receiving government money, every bit of NASA info was
    put on the internet for public access, Ruskies just used it.

    --
    Why popular antivirus apps 'do not work'
    http://tinyurl.com/e63uw

    , Jul 22, 2006
  9. sam

    Plato Guest

    sam wrote:

    > A hacker in the UK has broken into the USA Defense computer
    > bypassing security passwords.Says he was testing their security
    > and meant no harm.Now awaits extradition.
    > Frightening, isn't it? Could have been a terrorist.

    Tell your buddies at the Dept. Of Offense to initiate a policy of NOT
    taking their PCs home with them for starters. Secondly. Tell your
    buddies there NOT to hire political appointees.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Jul 22, 2006