    Even if it's just about the core exams, it still sounds a little bit strange
    that a person who holds Security can/will upgrade into another
    specialization, or can someone explain the logic here?

    Henrik Johansson, Sep 11, 2003

  2. Henrik Johansson

    MCSE World Guest

    They are just saying that the 292 exam counts as the 290 & 291 and the 296
    exam counts as the 293 & 294...much like the 240 exam counted for 210, 215,
    216 and 217 back in the day...

    Best,
    Will
    www.mcseworld.com

    "Henrik Johansson" <> wrote in message
    > When checking requirements for Messaging2003 I find the strange note below
    > that states that those who holds Security2000 can take the upgrade exams

    as

    http://www.microsoft.com/Traincert/mcp/mcsa/messaging/windowsserver2003.asp]

    MCSE World, Sep 11, 2003

  3. Yes, I understand how the 292/296 will work, and that I also nead 284 to
    achieve Messaging2003.
    My point was that it should had said "Candidates who holds Messaging", not
    "Candidates who holds Security", when reading requirements for the Messaging
    specialization.

    Propably someone was lazy on MS and just copied the note from the Security
    requirements and paste it into Messaging requirements and forgot to changing
    the word "Security" to "Messaging".

    Henrik Johansson, Sep 11, 2003
  4. Henrik Johansson

    Maestro Guest

    Are you sure that you were on the right page. I copied
    the URL you provided and went straight to the bottom of
    the page to the notes and it did say security. However,
    after looking closer I realized that I was on the security
    page. When I re-entered the URL it took me to the
    messaging page which does say messaging in the notes.
    Curiouser and Curiouser!

    Maestro, Sep 12, 2003
  5. This page seems to have been corrected. No mention of "security" anymore.

    James D. Murray, Sep 18, 2003