Typing Lag Revisited

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by LSX, Feb 4, 2004.

  1. LSX

    LSX Guest

    There was a string posted around 09/23/03 about a issue I am also having.
    The title was "Subject: Web Page Problem"
    No solution was found on that thread I thought I would post again but give
    you some needed info

    OS: Windows 98 (Upgraded from Windows 95)
    Processer Speed: 233 MHz
    Ram: 64 MB
    Disk Drive Space: 44 GB ~ approx (4gb Master, 40 GB Slave )
    Current System Resourses: 80% free
    Monster 3d Video Card
    Browser: Intgernet Explorer 6 (128 bit Encryption)
    Modem: 28.8kbps

    Problem: When I type, my letters don't show up for 5-20 seconds or longer .
    Scrolling down is also very slow.

    Now the sites that are having the problems are prominent and smaller sites
    as well.

    For example hotmail.com and crownvic.net (messege board) have this issue.
    They work on other computer with little to no problem, T1, Cable and Modem
    alike.

    This computer has has some issues in the past. I upgraded the OS to get USB
    Functioning, I have also cleared out a lot of spyware from the computer
    still no effect, I have Ran IE Repair utility to no avail, increased the
    system resourses (from 57% to the current 80-90%) and still nothing.

    Anyone got any ideas as for a resolution?
    LSX, Feb 4, 2004

  2. LSX

    Wizard Guest

    Your first step would be to add enough ram to work with; try increase to
    256 or more.

    Wizard, Feb 4, 2004