    know of a programme similar or point me in the direction of a relevant web
    site?
    Thanks
    Annette Kurten, Apr 22, 2006

  2. "Annette Kurten" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > No good for me (two finger person) My friend had a typing tutor Mavis
    > beacon?? it was free but got deleted. I have had a google, but now it

    seems
    > it is not free but with an unlimited use of one nano second. Does anyone
    > know of a programme similar or point me in the direction of a relevant web
    > site?
    > Thanks

    O.K don't even go down the two finger road. just spotted that.
    Annette Kurten, Apr 22, 2006

  3. Annette Kurten

    Spuds Guest

    On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 22:50:53 +0100, "Annette Kurten"
    <> wrote:

    >No good for me (two finger person) My friend had a typing tutor Mavis
    >beacon?? it was free but got deleted. I have had a google, but now it seems
    >it is not free but with an unlimited use of one nano second. Does anyone
    >know of a programme similar or point me in the direction of a relevant web
    >site?
    >Thanks

    http://typingsoft.com/all_typing_tutors.htm
    "If hooking a car battery up to a monkey's brain will help find the
    cure for AIDS and save somebody's life, I have two things to say...
    the red is positive and the black is negative."

    - Nick DiPaolo
    Spuds, Apr 23, 2006
  4. Annette Kurten

    thanatoid Guest

    "Annette Kurten" <> wrote in

    > No good for me (two finger person) My friend had a typing
    > tutor Mavis beacon?? it was free but got deleted. I have
    > had a google, but now it seems it is not free but with an
    > unlimited use of one nano second. Does anyone know of a
    > programme similar or point me in the direction of a
    > relevant web site?
    > Thanks

    Your syntax is a little confusing, but there are no typing
    programs which teach you to type with 2 (or 4 or 6) fingers.

    I've been typing with about 4-7 fingers all my life, self-
    "taught" and when I was really good, I would get close to
    secretary speeds.

    I could never do the 10 finger method. Well, sort of, but 10
    times slower than my usual way.

    If you can't do 10 fingers by now, I would just learn to live
    with it.

    Still, if you enjoy frustration, there are many free typing
    programs. Google "free typing download".

    Or you could get Dragon speech-to-type, although it still
    doesn't work that great. Also, there are probably free downloads
    of Kurzweil VoicePad around. It's 10 years older but works about
    equally well.

    --
    thanatoid-Tip® #4
    If you can't pronounce "cheval" as "joual", stay the merde out
    thanatoid, Apr 23, 2006
  5. Annette Kurten

    JANA Guest

    Why not invest in a proper typing coarse to get started? Being a 2 finger
    typist is not the way to go.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    JANA, Apr 23, 2006
  6. Annette Kurten

    Dan Evans Guest

    "JANA" <> wrote in message
    > Why not invest in a proper typing coarse to get started? Being a 2 finger
    > typist is not the way to go.

    Over eight hours and Oldus Fartus hasn't picked up on it yet.

    Waiting.

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Apr 24, 2006