    ALL of the Full-Screen versions. Nothing like trying to force
    Full-Screen down our throats. :(

    LVIII

    Lord Vader III, Oct 15, 2003

  2. Lord Vader III

    Tarkus Guest

    On 15 Oct 2003 13:10:15 -0500, Lord Vader III wrote:

    > Went in to Best Buy yesterday to pick up Matrix Reloaded with the Best
    > Buy bonus DVD as advertised. They had tons of them but the bonus DVD
    > was only attached to about 1/4 of the Widescreen versions and it was on
    > ALL of the Full-Screen versions. Nothing like trying to force
    > Full-Screen down our throats. :(

    That makes absolutely no sense. Best Buy sells a ton of widescreen TVs,
    so why would they be wanting to force full-screen down anyone's throats?
    For that matter, they could simply stop carrying widescreen when there is
    an alternative, if that's their goal.

    You know, not everything that doesn't go your way is a conspiracy.
    --
    "Here lies the body of Mary Lee,
    died at the age of a hundred and three.

    Now playing: "UFO - Natural Thing"

    Tarkus, Oct 15, 2003

  3. Lord Vader III

    Phil7101 Guest

    >Went in to Best Buy yesterday to pick up Matrix Reloaded with the Best
    >Buy bonus DVD as advertised. They had tons of them but the bonus DVD
    >was only attached to about 1/4 of the Widescreen versions and it was on
    >ALL of the Full-Screen versions. Nothing like trying to force
    >Full-Screen down our throats. :(

    I noticed that too...I had to dig through all the fullscreens before I finally
    found one WS copy with the extra disc lurking in the back!

    Phil7101, Oct 15, 2003
  4. Lord Vader III

    mzmeryze Guest

    <> wrote:

    >Went in to Best Buy yesterday to pick up Matrix Reloaded with the Best
    >Buy bonus DVD as advertised.

    What was the bonus DVD they were offering? The Coming Soon DVD?

    mzmeryze, Oct 15, 2003
  5. Lord Vader III

    Jordan Lund Guest

    Lord Vader III <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Went in to Best Buy yesterday to pick up Matrix Reloaded with the Best
    > Buy bonus DVD as advertised. They had tons of them but the bonus DVD
    > was only attached to about 1/4 of the Widescreen versions and it was on
    > ALL of the Full-Screen versions. Nothing like trying to force
    > Full-Screen down our throats. :(

    The bonus disc is pretty worthless BTW... There is no menu so the only
    way of navigation is to go through with the chapter stops.

    What do you get?

    The original Matrix trailer (the one that was a DVD-ROM feature on the
    original disc.)

    "What is Bullet Time" (from the original disc)

    Behind the scenes on the Animatrix (from the Animatrix)

    One full cartoon from the Animatrix

    Matrix Reloaded trailer.

    That's it.

    - Jordan

    Jordan Lund, Oct 15, 2003
  6. "Lord Vader III" <> wrote in message
    > Went in to Best Buy yesterday to pick up Matrix Reloaded with the Best
    > Buy bonus DVD as advertised. They had tons of them but the bonus DVD
    > was only attached to about 1/4 of the Widescreen versions and it was on
    > ALL of the Full-Screen versions. Nothing like trying to force
    > Full-Screen down our throats. :(

    Sounds more like they're trying not to get stuck with so many of them on the
    shelf.

    Michael S. Cooper, Oct 16, 2003
  7. Lord Vader III

    Dick Sidbury Guest

    Phil7101 wrote:
    >>Went in to Best Buy yesterday to pick up Matrix Reloaded with the Best
    >>Buy bonus DVD as advertised. They had tons of them but the bonus DVD
    >>was only attached to about 1/4 of the Widescreen versions and it was on
    >>ALL of the Full-Screen versions. Nothing like trying to force
    >>Full-Screen down our throats. :(

    > I noticed that too...I had to dig through all the fullscreens before I finally
    > found one WS copy with the extra disc lurking in the back!

    I was told that each Best Buy got a bunch of Matrix Reloaded's -- but
    not all of them had the bonus disk, my store said approximately 1/3 did.
    I went this morning to buy 3 copies and found that most of the copies
    did NOT have the bonus disk.

    My daughter called me last night to tell me that ALL of the bonus disk
    widescreen versions were sold out at her bestbuy (Syracuse NY) but they
    still had plenty of full screen bonus disk versions. So when I went
    this morning to my bestbuy to get them for three of us, I had to look
    through the display case at the front of the store through about 50
    copies to find 3 bonus disk widescreen copies. They had many more full
    screen bonus disk copies. And they had more with no bonus disk than
    they did with bonus disk.

    So my interpretation is that most of the buyers who wanted the bonus
    disk wanted the wide screen version of the movie, so all of them sold
    more quickly than the full screen ones.

    They appear to have underestimated the ws/fs preferences by first day
    buyers.

    YMMV

    dick

    Dick Sidbury, Oct 16, 2003
  8. Lord Vader III

    Peter Guest

    When I was in Best buy in Canada, they had a display of Reloaded. One
    half was Fullscreen, the other half (I assume) was Widescreen, however
    there were only a few left (like about 5) while there was plenty (up to
    50+) of the fullscreen. Made me feel glad.

    I bought my copy at Wal-mart. When I went in there I found two copies,
    one Fullscreen, one widescreen. Seems they sold out fast. OR are slow as
    molasses in re-stocking

    --
    At the source of every error which is blamed on the
    computer you will find at least two human errors,

    Peter, Oct 16, 2003
  9. Lord Vader III

    Guest

    Tarkus wrote:
    > You know, not everything that doesn't go your way is a conspiracy.

    Who are you in on this with - and why are you trying to make the rest of
    us feel so . . . well, so paranoid.

    , Oct 16, 2003
  10. Lord Vader III

    Stan Brown Guest

    Stan Brown, Oct 16, 2003
  11. Lord Vader III

    Tarkus Guest

    On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 22:04:00 -0400, Stan Brown wrote:

    > In article <szvsgkdtvs8v$9.com> in
    > alt.video.dvd, Tarkus <> wrote:
    >>You know, not everything that doesn't go your way is a conspiracy.

    > I bet they made you say that. :)

    Shhh!
    --
    "Time is not important, only life is important"

    Now playing: "UFO - Only You Can Rock Me"

    Tarkus, Oct 16, 2003
  12. Lord Vader III

    Angry Gamer Guest

    <> wrote:

    >Went in to Best Buy yesterday to pick up Matrix Reloaded with the Best
    >Buy bonus DVD as advertised. They had tons of them but the bonus DVD
    >was only attached to about 1/4 of the Widescreen versions and it was on
    >ALL of the Full-Screen versions. Nothing like trying to force
    >Full-Screen down our throats. :(
    >
    >LVIII

    Stores just don't get it. I work at Walmart and we put out 1000
    copies of widescreen and 1000 copies of FF at midnight. When I went
    in today (Wed) we had 321 lbx left and 961 ff left. Whoever does the
    purchasing just can't seem to understand that people want LBX. We
    have 200+ copies of FF Italian Job and are totally out of LBX Italian
    Job and at least 8 customers left PISSED and WITHOUT a copy today when
    I had to tell them all we had was FF.

    We got in 5 HUGE boxes of the Indy Jones box set today. One box is
    LBX and 4 boxes are FF. I already stashed my LBX copy under the
    register cause I know the LBX are going to be gone by 12:05am next
    Tue. Will be interesting to see how many disgruntled people break
    down and buy the FF out of desperation.

    Angry Gamer, Oct 16, 2003
  13. Lord Vader III

    Eric R. Guest

    Lord Vader III <> wrote in message news:<>...

    > Went in to Best Buy yesterday to pick up Matrix Reloaded with the Best
    > Buy bonus DVD as advertised. They had tons of them but the bonus DVD
    > was only attached to about 1/4 of the Widescreen versions and it was on
    > ALL of the Full-Screen versions. Nothing like trying to force
    > Full-Screen down our throats. :(

    They probably had more fullscreen versions because noone is buying the damn things.

    -Eric

    Eric R., Oct 16, 2003
  14. Lord Vader III

    Tarkus Guest

    On 16 Oct 2003 06:08:28 -0700, Eric R. wrote:

    > They probably had more fullscreen versions because noone is buying the
    > damn things.

    Peter?
    --
    "I'm scared to close my eyes. I'm scared to open them."

    Now playing: the radio

    Tarkus, Oct 16, 2003
  15. Lord Vader III

    Wade365 Guest

    << Will be interesting to see how many disgruntled people break
    down and buy the FF out of desperation. >>

    That's assuming anyone's DESPARATE for this over-blown set... jeez. Would
    anyone really do something like that if they were into widescreen, ever? C'mon.
    I'd be worried if it were Criterion, but this is Spielberg and Lucas (and
    paramount?) we're talking about here.

    Wade365, Oct 16, 2003
  16. Lord Vader III

    Jordan Lund Guest

    Dick Sidbury <> wrote in message news:<bmkp7m$o42ci$-berlin.de>...

    > My daughter called me last night to tell me that ALL of the bonus disk
    > widescreen versions were sold out at her bestbuy (Syracuse NY) but they
    > still had plenty of full screen bonus disk versions. So when I went
    > this morning to my bestbuy to get them for three of us, I had to look
    > through the display case at the front of the store through about 50
    > copies to find 3 bonus disk widescreen copies. They had many more full
    > screen bonus disk copies. And they had more with no bonus disk than
    > they did with bonus disk.

    It makes sense when you think about it... the people who prefer
    widescreen are going to be more likely to want the bonus disc. The
    people who don't want widescreen could probably care less.

    - Jordan

    Jordan Lund, Oct 16, 2003
  17. Lord Vader III

    Invid Fan Guest

    In article <>, Wade365
    <> wrote:

    > << Will be interesting to see how many disgruntled people break
    > down and buy the FF out of desperation. >>
    >
    > That's assuming anyone's DESPARATE for this over-blown set... jeez. Would
    > anyone really do something like that if they were into widescreen, ever?
    > C'mon.

    I'd rent the FF version if it was all they had (just as I don't mind
    watching films on tv with comercials), but I'd just wait and buy the
    LBX version later.

    -'Deal/No Deal', CHESS

    Invid Fan, Oct 16, 2003
  18. Lord Vader III

    Peter Guest

    Angry Gamer wrote:
    > On 15 Oct 2003 13:10:15 -0500, Lord Vader III
    > <> wrote:

    > Stores just don't get it. I work at Walmart and we put out 1000
    > copies of widescreen and 1000 copies of FF at midnight. When I went
    > in today (Wed) we had 321 lbx left and 961 ff left. Whoever does the
    > purchasing just can't seem to understand that people want LBX. We
    > have 200+ copies of FF Italian Job and are totally out of LBX Italian
    > Job and at least 8 customers left PISSED and WITHOUT a copy today when
    > I had to tell them all we had was FF.
    >
    > We got in 5 HUGE boxes of the Indy Jones box set today. One box is
    > LBX and 4 boxes are FF. I already stashed my LBX copy under the
    > register cause I know the LBX are going to be gone by 12:05am next
    > Tue. Will be interesting to see how many disgruntled people break
    > down and buy the FF out of desperation.

    Thats how it was when I got Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.
    There were litterally TONS of fullscreen copies everywhere, in large
    displays, on skids etc. There was one small display of Widescreen, and
    they were mostly gone.

    Peter, Oct 17, 2003
  19. Lord Vader III

    JWB Guest

    "Peter" <> wrote in message

    > Angry Gamer wrote:
    > > On 15 Oct 2003 13:10:15 -0500, Lord Vader III
    > > <> wrote:

    > > Stores just don't get it. I work at Walmart and we put out 1000
    > > copies of widescreen and 1000 copies of FF at midnight. When I went
    > > in today (Wed) we had 321 lbx left and 961 ff left. Whoever does the
    > > purchasing just can't seem to understand that people want LBX. We
    > > have 200+ copies of FF Italian Job and are totally out of LBX Italian
    > > Job and at least 8 customers left PISSED and WITHOUT a copy today when
    > > I had to tell them all we had was FF.
    > >
    > > We got in 5 HUGE boxes of the Indy Jones box set today. One box is
    > > LBX and 4 boxes are FF. I already stashed my LBX copy under the
    > > register cause I know the LBX are going to be gone by 12:05am next
    > > Tue. Will be interesting to see how many disgruntled people break
    > > down and buy the FF out of desperation.

    > Thats how it was when I got Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.
    > There were litterally TONS of fullscreen copies everywhere, in large
    > displays, on skids etc. There was one small display of Widescreen, and
    > they were mostly gone.

    Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that some people complain about
    "black bars" when they buy a widescreen copy, but nobody complains about no
    black bars (since the widescreen crowd doesn't ever buy the wrong copy, and
    even if they do, they'd quietly exchange it)

    People who prefer fullscreen are probably a minority, but to retailer's
    customer service departments, they might appear to be a vocal majority.

    JWB, Oct 17, 2003
  20. Lord Vader III

    Wade365 Guest

    I think it's sorta funny, all the fullscreen versions... at some point, just
    like Beta, just like the turntable (neither of which is COMPLETELY exstinct but
    you get the idea) these 4:3 televisions will fade out... and then all the
    people who purchased fullscreen versions "back in the day" will be pissed that
    they're getting ripped off by the new standard...

    "Those black bars on the sides of my screen...!"

    If you fail to plan...

    Wade365, Oct 17, 2003