    Any help is appriciated.

    Regards,
    Jay

    =?Utf-8?B?SmF5?=, Mar 30, 2005

  2. Hi Jay,
    You need an Access Point that supports 802.1x.
    Thanks

    Udit Saxena [MSFT], Mar 31, 2005

  3. Hi Udit,

    Thanks for the reply.

    I am using LinkSys WAP55AG access point wich supports 802.11a/b/g, and
    surprisingly it is working with EAP-TLS.

    Here is the config:

    On AP:
    RADIUS/TKIP enabled and RADIUS points to Microsoft IAS server.
    IAS Server:
    Configure to use Server Certificate and EAP-TLS protocol. Remote Access
    Policies NAS-PORT 802.11 and other, Windows-Group as well.
    CA Aothority:
    Configure to auto distribute user certificated based on group membership.
    Client side:
    Set up a wireless profile using windows: Use WPA and TKIP. Under
    Authentication tab: use Smartcard or other authenticaiton, and enable
    Validate Server Certificate.

    With This configuration, client will only albe to connect if User
    certificate, server certificate is validated on both ends(Server and Client).
    It seems like that it is working eventhough that Access Point doesn't support
    802.1x. I am not sure if it is as secure as the one that supports 802.1x. Any
    ideas why it is working and how secure is this?

    Regards,
    Jay

    =?Utf-8?B?SmF5?=, Apr 1, 2005