Type of led_ce is incompatible with type of AND

Discussion in 'General Computer Support' started by clipski, Feb 5, 2009.

  1. clipski

    clipski

    Joined:
    Feb 5, 2009
    Messages:
    2
    Hello,

    This must be simple, but I am not getting a solution to this so easily.

    I get this error message for the following code
    signal addr :std_logic_vector (4 downto 0);
    signal led_ce :std_logic;

    process (rd_wrn, csn, led_data, addr)
    begin
    oen <= (rd_wrn NAND (NOT csn));
    led_ce <= (csn = '0') AND (rd_wrn = '0') AND (addr = "00000");

    led(2) <= (NOT led_data(2));
    led(1) <= (NOT led_data(1));
    led(0) <= (NOT led_data(0));
    end process;

    My error reads as follows

    Type of led_ce is incompatible with type of AND

    I am not sure what the solution is.......I know that the address is 5 bits wide while my csn (chip select) and readwriteenable are sincel bit signals. Maybe this has something to do with the error.

    If you know a way to solve this, please let me know....Thanks!!!!!

    clipski, Feb 5, 2009