TYNAN board bios problem

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by walt, Oct 3, 2008.

  1. walt

    walt Guest

    i have a working computer in dining room .

    i set up the the tynan board on the kitchen table with the monitor ,
    mouse & keyboard from the working computer .

    i add a know working power supply , i tested the voltages with a
    DMM .

    i add a know working 1 gig hard drive .

    BOARD S - 1854...i get one short beep....

    i get a completed POST screen

    at the bottom of the screen command is hit delete to go to setup .

    keyboard is inoperative .

    turn off computer

    hold delete & turn on ;

    i get a complete 1st page of the bios set up screen

    up & down arrows have no effect

    again ; keyboard is inoperative .

    therefore i cant even set date or time . cpu is a 600 mhz chip ,
    working at a bus of 100 mhz .

    WALT
    walt, Oct 3, 2008

  2. walt

    Tony Guest

    So you finally got one computer working. Make sure you don't take any of
    Chuckcar's advice or your working computer count will be back down to
    zero.

    --
    The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

    Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

    No, I just decided not to play your silly game is all. *Some* of us know
    proper manners

    beyond the realm of understandability

    Tony, Oct 3, 2008

  3. "walt" <> wrote in message

    > i have a working computer in dining room .
    >
    > i set up the the tynan board on the kitchen table with the monitor ,
    > mouse & keyboard from the working computer .
    >
    > i add a know working power supply , i tested the voltages with a
    > DMM .
    >
    > i add a know working 1 gig hard drive .
    >
    > BOARD S - 1854...i get one short beep....
    >
    > i get a completed POST screen
    >
    > at the bottom of the screen command is hit delete to go to setup .
    >
    > keyboard is inoperative .
    >
    > turn off computer
    >
    > hold delete & turn on ;
    >
    > i get a complete 1st page of the bios set up screen
    >
    > up & down arrows have no effect
    >
    > again ; keyboard is inoperative .
    >
    > therefore i cant even set date or time . cpu is a 600 mhz chip ,
    > working at a bus of 100 mhz .
    >

    > WALT

    Your keyboard is obviously incompatible with your motherboard/
    My guess is that you're trying to use a USB keyboard and the boards BIOS
    doesn't support it.

    Colon Terminus, Oct 3, 2008
  4. walt

    walt Guest

    On Oct 3, 8:48�am, "Colon Terminus" <>
    wrote:
    > "walt" <> wrote in message

    > > i have a working computer in dining room .

    > > i set up the the tynan board on the kitchen table with the monitor ,
    > > mouse & keyboard from the working computer .

    > > i add a know working power supply , i tested the voltages with a
    > > DMM .

    > > i add a know working 1 gig hard drive .

    > > BOARD �S - 1854...i get one short beep....

    > > i get a completed POST screen

    > > at the bottom of the screen command is hit delete to go to setup .

    > > keyboard is inoperative .

    > > turn off computer

    > > hold delete & turn on ;

    > > i get a complete 1st page of the bios set up screen

    > > up & down arrows have no effect

    > > again ; keyboard is inoperative .

    > > therefore i cant even set date or time . cpu is a 600 mhz chip ,
    > > working at a bus of 100 mhz .

    > > WALT

    > Your keyboard is obviously incompatible with your motherboard/
    > My guess is that you're trying to use a USB keyboard and the boards BIOS
    > doesn't support it.

    > Unlimited Access, Anonymous Accounts, Uncensored Broadband Access- Hide quoted text -

    the keyboard from the working computer has a ps/2 connector , same as
    the tynan board . WALT
    walt, Oct 4, 2008