    in the BIOS is on (I tried it "on" and "off" same results). I am waiting to
    hear from Tyan but meanwhile has anyone seen this problem and have any
    information? Thank you.

    =?Utf-8?B?Q3Jhd2w=?=, Jul 5, 2005

  2. x64 Edition, both Server and Professional, requires APIC 2.0 support. Most of
    the mobos I've seen have it, but apparently your Tyan doesn't. It should.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://www.msmvps.com/xperts64/

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 5, 2005

  3. Then this is the problem, I can select 1.1 or 1.4 for the version, however
    2.0 is not an option. Odd I was certain my research turned up people using
    this board with x64 Windows but I must have been mistaken. Thank you very
    much for your help.

    =?Utf-8?B?Q3Jhd2w=?=, Jul 6, 2005
  4. I am sorry the setting I was changing was the MPS Version Control which of
    course has nothing to do with APIC. Tyan contacted me and is looking into
    the problem if and when I have an update I will post what I find.

    =?Utf-8?B?Q3Jhd2w=?=, Jul 6, 2005
  5. Well I seem to have found a work around to the problem I describe below.
    Just to try something I re-enabled ACPI (not not APIC) which I usually
    disable when "optimizing" the BIOS. After doing so the error referring to
    _APIC_ went away. I mentioned this to a co-worker and he explained he had
    precisely the same experience installing Windows XP x64 on his own machine.
    He initially disabled ACPI, had the error, then he enabled ACPI and was able
    to install. Anyone have any ideas why this might act like this?

    =?Utf-8?B?Q3Jhd2w=?=, Jul 6, 2005
  6. ACPI and APIC are related, so this doesn't particularly surprise me.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 8, 2005