Two x64 drivers & programs sites

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Aug 30, 2006.

  1. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Aug 30, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    Avatar Guest

    Avatar, Aug 30, 2006

  3. Here is what I would do.
    1st step: Find out which is the chipset your modem has
    2nd step: Try finding drivers in the chipset manufacturer site
    If 2nd fails then go to third step
    3rd step: Try finding "equivalent" modems which use the same chipset
    4th step: Try finding drivers in the alternative manufacturers found in 3rd
    step

    The above method worked for my Shanga SN-510 webcam.
    I found "equivalent" x64 drivers in Genius website that brought my webcam to
    life again.

    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Aug 31, 2006
  4. Do not forget that several manufacturers may use quite different chipsets
    for the same product model. One excellent source of information is a site:
    http://www.linux-on-laptops.com/

    this is a complex site to weave through. Information coming together in an
    unwieldy way, but as I have found out is more manageable if you look for the
    laptop make and model that uses the specific card, or a cross-referenced
    one.

    The reason why this information is usefull, is that in the Linux world the
    lack of drivers is quite as frustrating as it is for us - some genius(es)
    found a way to use Windows driver INF files to actually drive the card and
    make it functional, it's called 'ndiswrapper'. Most things turn out to show
    life-signs with some effort, while some simply doesn't work at all. If that
    is what you have, even that is good info.

    Tony. . .
    Tony Sperling, Aug 31, 2006