    tcp-ip, but wanted to get some feedback as to if this is a possible
    solution before i go looking for another printserver. any how TIA, and
    i did use the search button.
    pdms, Dec 2, 2005

  2. pdms

    pdms Guest

    pdms wrote:
    > i want to set up a laptop with two 802.11g nic one ad-hoc for a print
    > server and the other infrastructure to get on the web. I take the laser
    > printer to various location and want to allways print to it while being
    > able to access the local wireless access point. The proble i have been
    > facing isthat the print trafic and web trafic gets confused with
    > regards to which nic it is to route to. i thought of using ipx only on
    > the printer server with only that protocol bound the the ad-hoc nic and
    > only have tcp-ip bound to the nic that i want to have wab access on. i
    > don't currently have a print server that supports ipx instead of
    > tcp-ip, but wanted to get some feedback as to if this is a possible
    > solution before i go looking for another printserver. any how TIA, and
    > i did use the search button.

    ok, i have read that you cannot control which NIC the trafifc is routed
    though. so i got a Dlink DP-301P print server which supports the IPX
    protocol as well as the TCP/IP protocol and set it up to run IPX. i
    bound the IXP protocol to the NIC that i am connecting to the Dlink
    (which is set to Ad-Hoc) and disabled the TCP/IP protocol on that card.
    i disabled IPX on the card that i connect to the internet. now all IPX
    traffic routes to the printer and all TCP/IP traffic routes to the
    other network (which has my internet access). hope this helps anyone
    that need thia kind of solution. p.s. the linksys print servers that
    checked out Do Not support any other protocol besides TCP/IP.
    pdms, Dec 3, 2005