    Please can any body tell me how can I bring the other windows on disk D ??
    Thanks.
    ==========================

    FINE, Jun 12, 2007

  2. FINE

    Guest

    On Jun 12, 5:06 am, "FINE" <> wrote:
    > Hi every person.
    > I have two hard disks in my computer, C & D
    > I installed windows xp on each one.
    > The problem is : when I boot the computer it brings windows on the disk C
    > only.
    > Please can any body tell me how can I bring the other windows on disk D ??
    > Thanks.

    > ==========================

    Either

    A)tell the BIOS to boot off the other drive. (set the boot sequence.
    It may distinguish between one hdd and the other).

    (if you had many windows on one drive, the equivalent to that would be
    to make a different partition the active partition on the drive)

    Or

    B)Boot the C one up as it is. But have a menu come up where you can
    continue to load that windows or load the other one.

    B is the most normal option. Standard Win NT (XP is NT) thing.

    For option B, you want to amend boot.ini
    At the moment it's the standard thing.
    Rather than edit it manually,

    in win xp,
    Load up the windows recovery console, you may be aware of 3 useful
    commands. BOOTCFG /REBUILD, FIXMBR, FIXBOOT.
    Well, you want BOOTCFG /REBUILD
    That will search for all the different windowss on your hard drives,
    and add entries for them in boot.ini

    To load up the recovery console, you can either boot it off the
    windows xp cd(the win xp setup cd tells you to hit r to go there). Or
    install it (using the windows xp cd), and then choosing it in windows
    F8 menu.

    It looks like a bit like the windows command prompt but it isn't.

    , Jun 13, 2007