    Can I connect two AP to my router one with wep so only I can connect and
    onther open that anyone can connect to. and if so will the open network be
    able to see my wired connections
    yar, Jun 11, 2005

  2. yar

    Jack Guest

    Hi

    You can connect two APs and set each one with its own SSID and a different
    Channel and it will work.

    However Wireless Security as nothing to do with securing your File. Wireless
    is just replacing the wire, once one is connected (secure or insecure) they
    will be able to see the shares according to the security policies (that the
    same as Wired network).

    There is a way to separate few computers from the rest by using Segregated
    Network.

    Wireless Segregation: http://www.ezlan.net/shield.html

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Jun 11, 2005

  3. yar

    yar Guest

    Hi

    I have looked at this and brought myself another router.

    My main router/gateway is a linksys, the new router is also a linksys.

    I have connected the main gateway to the new router with a cross over
    cab;le.

    i have tried changing all the settings I can find to make this work even
    configuring the wan port with a static ip in the advance routing menu, but I
    can not get this to work.

    Any help or a link to an idiots guide would be appreciated.

    The main gateway is in the 192.168.1.1 range and I configured the new
    router to 192.1682.1.

    Help please.

    Ray

    yar, Jun 16, 2005