Two Versions of MCAD Requirements?

Discussion in 'MCAD' started by Dave Paden, Dec 21, 2004.

  1. Dave Paden

    Dave Paden Guest

    So I thought I knew the MCAD requirements, but now I'm starting to wonder.

    If you go to microsoft.com/learning and click on the certifications and then
    MCAD, then requirements...you see that there are 3 required tests: Web apps,
    XML, and an elective.

    If you go to the MCP member site and click on "MY Certification Planner" and
    expand "MCAD", there's a completely different breakdown. One "Web Core", one
    "Web Elective", one "Windows Core", one "Windows Elective", and one "Web
    Services". Now some of these overlap and according to this breakdown, it can
    be done with FOUR tests. I would need to take the "Developing Windows
    Applications..." test in addition to the other three (which I plan to do
    anyway en route to MCSD).

    I only bring this up because I passed the three tests identified at
    microsoft.com/learning for MCAD last Thursday and my transcript still says
    MCP so I'm starting to get a little worried. Even if it is just a long
    process and I get updated later...why does the "Certification Planner" have
    something so totally different?

    Dave Paden, Dec 21, 2004

  2. Dave Paden

    StrikerNR Guest

    hmm interesting. I thought there was a choice between "web core" and "windows
    core" exam. It’s either one windows application exam or one web application
    exam?
    http://mcpmag.com/certbasics/cert.asp?cert=233
    I'm just starting to prepare for MCAD so i don't know but i like to know
    what happened in your case (why is it just MCP). As far as i know i myself
    was going to prepare for one windows exam, one web service and one elective.

    StrikerNR, Dec 21, 2004

  3. Dave Paden

    Dave Paden Guest

    Oh, I forgot that the Learning page does say EITHER web or windows. I guess
    the "My Certification Plan" implies that you need both.

    I'm hoping that it's just an extended delay in updating my transcript and
    the "My Certification Plan" tool just isn't equipped to handle the option of
    web or windows and that's why it shows you need both.

    I'll keep you posted.

    Dave Paden, Dec 21, 2004
  4. Dave Paden

    Dave Paden Guest

    Update:

    It's been exactly one week since I passed the last exam for MCAD and my
    transcript still says MCP. I put in an e-mail to MS yesterday and they
    promise a 24-48 hour response time, so...maybe today sometime I'll know
    what's up.

    Just so you know I'm not on drugs, below is the cut/paste from my transcript:

    320 Developing XML Web Services and Server Components with Microsoft Visual
    C# .NET and the Microsoft .NET Framework Dec 16, 2004
    340 Implementing Security for Applications with Microsoft Visual C#® .NET
    Dec 03, 2004
    315 Developing and Implementing Web Applications with Microsoft® Visual C#™
    ..NET and Microsoft® Visual Studio® .NET Nov 15, 2004

    Dave Paden, Dec 23, 2004