    and tagging wildebeests."
    --Michael J. Nelson

    Grand Inquisitor

    Grand Inquisitor, Nov 28, 2003

  2. Grand Inquisitor

    Codswallop Guest

    On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 02:29:29 GMT, Grand Inquisitor wrote in
    alt.video.dvd:

    > Is the Two Towers EE gift set worth it? Or should I buy the 4-disc
    > version?

    Depends if the Gollum statue, Gollum DVD, Gollum book, and fancy box are
    worth more to you than the money.

    Personally, I'm happy with my purchase of the gift set, but there are
    others out there who can't see the point.

    --
    - Cods

    (un ROT-13 to email)

    Codswallop, Nov 28, 2003

  3. From on top of The Wall I yelled "YOU! YES YOU Grand Inquisitor
    <>! Stand still laddie. Oh, and which one is Pink?"
    > Is the Two Towers EE gift set worth it? Or should I buy the 4-disc
    > version?

    Just buy the 4 disc... unless you like the Gollum statue.

    --
    Brian "Demolition Man" Little

    Brian \Demolition Man\ Little, Nov 28, 2003
  4. Grand Inquisitor

    Dick Sidbury Guest

    Grand Inquisitor wrote:
    > Is the Two Towers EE gift set worth it? Or should I buy the 4-disc
    > version?

    I bought it. But I really liked the movie and can afford the extra
    cost. I paid about 45 for the gift set and will get a 10 dollar rebate.
    The 4 disk set was 25 with a 5 dollar rebate.

    Clearly YMMV.

    But it's really hard to get the statue out of the box.

    dick

    Dick Sidbury, Nov 28, 2003
  5. In article <dqyxb.45408$>,
    Grand Inquisitor <> wrote:
    :Is the Two Towers EE gift set worth it? Or should I buy the 4-disc version?

    Buy the gift set only if you want the statue and feel it is worth
    the extra money. The only other things you get are a booklet
    describing some of the work that went into the creation of the
    Gollum character and a 5th disk that is just an infomercial for
    other LOTR collectibles.

    --
    Bob Nichols AT interaccess.com I am "rnichols"

    Robert Nichols, Nov 28, 2003
  6. Grand Inquisitor

    Maverick Guest

    <> wrote:

    >Is the Two Towers EE gift set worth it? Or should I
    > buy the 4-disc version?

    If you're a "Lord of the Rings" collector, the Gollum statue is a must,
    it's a pretty cool looking statue. And once the limited gift set is
    gone, it's gone.

    Maverick, Nov 28, 2003
  7. Grand Inquisitor

    Doonie Guest

    On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 21:49:24 -0500, Dick Sidbury wrote:

    >Grand Inquisitor wrote:
    >
    >> Is the Two Towers EE gift set worth it? Or should I buy the 4-disc
    >> version?

    >I bought it.

    So did I. I had bought the Fellowship gift set so I figured, "What
    the heck." :) The statue is really nice. Expensive, but nice. You
    only live once.

    >But it's really hard to get the statue out of the box.

    Is it ever! Must be to prevent theft. Did you have to go through
    the bottom of the box? I did.
    The statues in the Fellowship set basically slid right out.

    --
    www.cloakanddagger.ca

    Doonie, Nov 29, 2003
  8. Grand Inquisitor

    Dick Sidbury Guest

    Doonie wrote:
    > On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 21:49:24 -0500, Dick Sidbury wrote:
    >

    >>Grand Inquisitor wrote:
    >>

    >>>Is the Two Towers EE gift set worth it? Or should I buy the 4-disc
    >>>version?

    >>I bought it.

    > So did I. I had bought the Fellowship gift set so I figured, "What
    > the heck." :) The statue is really nice. Expensive, but nice. You
    > only live once.
    >

    >>But it's really hard to get the statue out of the box.

    > Is it ever! Must be to prevent theft. Did you have to go through
    > the bottom of the box? I did.
    > The statues in the Fellowship set basically slid right out.

    I took a knife to the styrofoam and cut it in half. Then the statue
    would pull out.

    dick
    -- I wanted to keep the box. As my wife can tell you, I'm anal about
    original boxes

    Dick Sidbury, Nov 29, 2003
  9. "Maverick" <> wrote in message
    > In article <dqyxb.45408$>, Grand Inquisitor
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >Is the Two Towers EE gift set worth it? Or should I
    > > buy the 4-disc version?

    > If you're a "Lord of the Rings" collector, the Gollum statue is a must,
    > it's a pretty cool looking statue. And once the limited gift set is
    > gone, it's gone.

    "Limited"????

    Supposedly the first gift set was "limited" as well, yet I still see that
    gift set in the stores in my area.

    Perhaps New Line Home Entertainment has a new definition for the word
    "limited."

    --
    callsignviper

    The truth is out there. You just have to look in the right places and ask
    the right questions.

    callsignviper, Nov 29, 2003
  10. Grand Inquisitor

    Jay G Guest

    "callsignviper" <> wrote in ...
    > "Maverick" <> wrote
    > > If you're a "Lord of the Rings" collector, the Gollum statue is a must,
    > > it's a pretty cool looking statue. And once the limited gift set is
    > > gone, it's gone.

    > "Limited"????
    >
    > Supposedly the first gift set was "limited" as well, yet I still see that
    > gift set in the stores in my area.
    >
    > Perhaps New Line Home Entertainment has a new definition for the word
    > "limited."

    I don't think New Line ever used the word "limited" to describe
    the gift sets.

    -Jay

    Jay G, Nov 30, 2003