    supposed to tear that thing off, or some such -- but I'm worried about
    damaging either the statue or the box.

    Thanks!

    Evil Eivind, May 7, 2004

  2. Evil Eivind

    JMKAUFFMAN Guest

    You'll never get it out without damaging the box. There are, IIRC, three
    twist-ties looped through black metal rods which are in turn taped to the box.
    You'll need to rip through the cardboard to get to the rods, then unloop the
    twist-ties, which in turn will free Gollum. If you're looking to preserve the
    box (why?), enjoy Gollum "chained." :)

    JMKAUFFMAN, May 8, 2004

  3. Evil Eivind

    Tielo Guest

    Here you go, try this:
    http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=gollumdirections

    "Evil Eivind" <> wrote in message
    > For the past hour or so, I've been trying to get the darn Gollum statue

    out
    > of the box (which is included in the Two Towers Collector's Edition Gift
    > Set), but without any luck.
    >
    > How the heck are you supposed to get it out?
    >
    > If anyone has bought this item, and been able to actually seperate the
    > statue from the box, I would appreciate any and all advice or

    instructions.

    Tielo, May 8, 2004
  4. Evil Eivind

    Mike Kohary Guest

    > For the past hour or so, I've been trying to get the darn Gollum statue

    out
    > of the box (which is included in the Two Towers Collector's Edition Gift
    > Set), but without any luck.
    >
    > How the heck are you supposed to get it out?
    >
    > If anyone has bought this item, and been able to actually seperate the
    > statue from the box, I would appreciate any and all advice or

    instructions.
    > I've found that there's a certain "plastic thing" by the bottom of the
    > packaging, but I can't get a good view of it, but I presume you might be
    > supposed to tear that thing off, or some such -- but I'm worried about
    > damaging either the statue or the box.
    >
    > Thanks!

    You have to tear the box apart. I spent a couple of hours on this myself,
    but there's no other way. Sorry!

    Mike

    Mike Kohary, May 8, 2004
  5. Evil Eivind

    GMAN Guest

    In article <XOTmc.72$>, "Evil Eivind" <> wrote:
    >For the past hour or so, I've been trying to get the darn Gollum statue out
    >of the box (which is included in the Two Towers Collector's Edition Gift
    >Set), but without any luck.
    >
    >How the heck are you supposed to get it out?
    >
    >If anyone has bought this item, and been able to actually seperate the
    >statue from the box, I would appreciate any and all advice or instructions.
    >I've found that there's a certain "plastic thing" by the bottom of the
    >packaging, but I can't get a good view of it, but I presume you might be
    >supposed to tear that thing off, or some such -- but I'm worried about
    >damaging either the statue or the box.
    >
    >Thanks!

    You "OPENED" the box????? aaarrgggggg!!!!! hehehe, Just Kidding.

    GMAN, May 11, 2004