    DVD player is an old Panasonic.

    Thanks for any advice. I don't have my receipt anymore, so i wouldn't be
    able to exchange it at the store.
    80k, Dec 7, 2003

  2. "80k" <> wrote in message
    news:TVAAb.2574$...
    > Hello,
    > I checked google, and found that a lot of people had problems with the Two
    > Towers Extended DVD set. Most people had issues with disks 3 and 4. For
    > me, i have a problem with disk 2.
    >
    > During the Helm's Deep scene, it starts to freeze a lot. It gets so bad,
    > that it's hard to concentrate on the movie. Shortly after Treebeard and

    his
    > Ents enter Saruman's land, it gets back to normal.
    >
    > I'm thinking it might be the DVD Player. I tried playing the disk on my
    > DVD-Rom drive on my PC, and it plays fine... no freezes or skips.
    >
    > Does anyone know anything about this? Anyone else have this problem? My
    > DVD player is an old Panasonic.
    >
    > Thanks for any advice. I don't have my receipt anymore, so i wouldn't be
    > able to exchange it at the store.

    are you using the DTS 6.1 audio track?

    I've noticed that, with the two DVD players I've played it on, when I switch
    to the DTS track after already starting the film, it's all choppy like that
    until I switch chapters. Could be the same issue. Oh, and they're both
    Panasonic players.

    Dan
    PseudoApparition, Dec 7, 2003

  3. 80k

    80k Guest

    "PseudoApparition" <> wrote in message

    > are you using the DTS 6.1 audio track?
    >
    > I've noticed that, with the two DVD players I've played it on, when I

    switch
    > to the DTS track after already starting the film, it's all choppy like

    that
    > until I switch chapters. Could be the same issue. Oh, and they're both
    > Panasonic players.
    >
    > Dan

    thanks for the suggestion. but unfortunately, i hvae tried it on 5.1, 6.1,
    and surround stereo, and the same issue results :-(
    80k, Dec 7, 2003
  4. 80k

    Wade365 Guest

    Except for the layer stutter (nothing out of the ordinary with mine when it
    happens), I have had no trouble playing all four discs on my Panasonic LV60.
    Wade365, Dec 7, 2003
  5. 80k

    80k Guest

    "Wade365" <> wrote in message
    > Except for the layer stutter (nothing out of the ordinary with mine when

    it
    > happens), I have had no trouble playing all four discs on my Panasonic

    LV60.

    it suddenly occurred to me that this is happening during the most
    action-packed sequence. since DVD's are generally encoded with variable
    bitrate, it would make sense that the Helm's Deep scene is pushing the
    limits of my DVD Player.
    80k, Dec 7, 2003
  6. 80k

    80k Guest

    "80k" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    > I checked google, and found that a lot of people had problems with the Two
    > Towers Extended DVD set. Most people had issues with disks 3 and 4. For
    > me, i have a problem with disk 2.
    >
    > During the Helm's Deep scene, it starts to freeze a lot. It gets so bad,
    > that it's hard to concentrate on the movie. Shortly after Treebeard and

    his
    > Ents enter Saruman's land, it gets back to normal.
    >
    > I'm thinking it might be the DVD Player. I tried playing the disk on my
    > DVD-Rom drive on my PC, and it plays fine... no freezes or skips.
    >
    > Does anyone know anything about this? Anyone else have this problem? My
    > DVD player is an old Panasonic.
    >
    > Thanks for any advice. I don't have my receipt anymore, so i wouldn't be
    > able to exchange it at the store.

    well, problem solved! went to Best Buy, and they let me exchange it even
    though i didn't have a receipt. went back home and played Helm's Deep
    scene, and no skips at all. now i gotta watch the whole thing to make sure
    it's all in good shape.
    80k, Dec 8, 2003
  7. 80k

    Whovian Guest

    "80k" <> wrote in

    > well, problem solved! went to Best Buy, and they let me exchange it
    > even though i didn't have a receipt. went back home and played Helm's
    > Deep scene, and no skips at all. now i gotta watch the whole thing to
    > make sure it's all in good shape.

    Glad it worked out well for you. I hope I'm as lucky!
    Whovian, Dec 8, 2003
  8. 80k

    Rich Guest

    "80k" <> wrote in message > During the Helm's Deep
    scene, it starts to freeze a lot. It gets so bad,
    > that it's hard to concentrate on the movie. Shortly after

    I have the exact same problem, bought mine at Sam's Club. I'm going to
    exchange it today or tomorrow.. although I also have a Panasonic player
    (RP-91K.. I think, had it for about two 1/2 years).
    Rich, Dec 8, 2003
  9. 80k

    Rich Guest

    "Rich" <> wrote in message

    > "80k" <> wrote in message > During the Helm's Deep
    > scene, it starts to freeze a lot. It gets so bad,
    > > that it's hard to concentrate on the movie. Shortly after

    > I have the exact same problem, bought mine at Sam's Club. I'm going to
    > exchange it today or tomorrow.. although I also have a Panasonic player
    > (RP-91K.. I think, had it for about two 1/2 years).

    Followup: exchanged the set yesterday, and the new disc 2 works fine in
    that spot. Now, I have to watch the whole thing again to make sure all's
    well with the OTHER discs... <grumble>
    Rich, Dec 9, 2003