    guess it is nice to see that it is secured for shipping, but this was
    somewhat ridiculous. I almost tore my box in pieces trying to get it
    out.
    Keld Landin-Petersen, Nov 16, 2003

  2. Keld Landin-Petersen

    Paul C. Guest

    (Keld Landin-Petersen) wrote in
    news::

    > First off, what an amazing job they have done on the EE of Two

    Towers.
    > Again, as with Fellowship, they have made this movie EVEN better!
    >
    > However, it is a FIGHT to get the Gollum statue out of the box! I
    > guess it is nice to see that it is secured for shipping, but this

    was
    > somewhat ridiculous. I almost tore my box in pieces trying to get

    it
    > out.

    you took it out of the original packaging ?!?! GASP!!!!!!!!

    :)
    Paul C., Nov 16, 2003

  3. Keld Landin-Petersen

    Wade365 Guest

    << you took it out of the original packaging ?!?! GASP!!!!!!!! >>

    Uppppp! It's worthless now.

    : )
    Wade365, Nov 16, 2003
  4. Keld Landin-Petersen

    Tim Pace Guest

    Worthless ? what a strange comment. Its a very good film with a nice statue
    films are to be viewed not stored mint unless you are collecting for
    financial gain. how the hell can you view it without opening the box. It may
    be worth less if you open it but not worthless.I am certain Peter Jackson
    and Newline never intended people to just sit and look at the box

    --
    Tim Pace
    " A dog is the only thing on this earth that loves you more than he loves
    Tim Pace, Nov 16, 2003
  5. Keld Landin-Petersen

    Maverick Guest

    (KeldĀ Landin-Petersen) wrote:

    >First off, what an amazing job they have done on
    > the EE of Two Towers. Again, as with Fellowship,
    > they have made this movie EVEN better!

    I couldn't agree more, the extended version is so much better.

    >However, it is a FIGHT to get the Gollum statue
    > out of the box! I guess it is nice to see that it is
    > secured for shipping, but this was somewhat
    > ridiculous. I almost tore my box in pieces trying to
    > get it out.

    I understand that you're not supposed to take the Gollum statue out of
    the box (yikes), otherwise it could have been a collector's item worth a
    lot of money in the future.
    Maverick, Nov 17, 2003
  6. Keld Landin-Petersen

    unclejr Guest

    "Tim Pace" <> wrote...
    > Worthless ? what a strange comment. Its a very good film with a nice statue
    > films are to be viewed not stored mint unless you are collecting for
    > financial gain. how the hell can you view it without opening the box. It may
    > be worth less if you open it but not worthless.I am certain Peter Jackson
    > and Newline never intended people to just sit and look at the box

    Relax, they were kidding.

    -Junior
    unclejr, Nov 17, 2003
  7. Keld Landin-Petersen

    GMAN Guest

    In article <qMTtb.34$>, "Tim Pace" <> wrote:
    >Worthless ? what a strange comment. Its a very good film with a nice statue
    >films are to be viewed not stored mint unless you are collecting for
    >financial gain. how the hell can you view it without opening the box. It may
    >be worth less if you open it but not worthless.I am certain Peter Jackson
    >and Newline never intended people to just sit and look at the box

    Its a joke they were commenting on!!! Do you get the cartoon Dexters
    Laboratory on TV? There was one episode where he and some friends go to a
    star trek convention and mistakenly go the the Barbi convention and open up a
    sealed collectable barbi doll. Next thing you see is dexter fighting some
    uni-brow fat chick with the Captain Kirk fight music from star trek playing in
    the background.
    GMAN, Nov 17, 2003
  8. Keld Landin-Petersen

    Tim Pace Guest

    Sorry didn't get it

    Tim Pace, Nov 17, 2003
  9. (Keld Landin-Petersen) writes:

    > First off, what an amazing job they have done on the EE of Two Towers.
    > Again, as with Fellowship, they have made this movie EVEN better!
    >
    > However, it is a FIGHT to get the Gollum statue out of the box! I
    > guess it is nice to see that it is secured for shipping, but this was
    > somewhat ridiculous. I almost tore my box in pieces trying to get it
    > out.

    Same here. I had to rip the inner liner thing out (Well not rip) and
    then the thing was glued to the bottom of the box too. And then when
    you finally get it out the styrafoam around the bottom is tie wrapped
    with the biggest damn tie I've ever seen... I mean come on! On the
    plus side I was really surprised at how nice the case and book for the
    "Gollum DVD" was.

    --
    Scott Streeter

    http://www.wpi.edu/~ss/
    Scott Streeter, Nov 17, 2003
  10. (Maverick) writes:

    > (Keld=A0Landin-Petersen) wrote:
    >
    > >First off, what an amazing job they have done on
    > > the EE of Two Towers. Again, as with Fellowship,
    > > they have made this movie EVEN better!

    > I couldn't agree more, the extended version is so much better.
    >
    > >However, it is a FIGHT to get the Gollum statue
    > > out of the box! I guess it is nice to see that it is
    > > secured for shipping, but this was somewhat
    > > ridiculous. I almost tore my box in pieces trying to
    > > get it out.

    > I understand that you're not supposed to take the Gollum statue out of
    > the box (yikes), otherwise it could have been a collector's item worth a
    > lot of money in the future.

    Of course your suppost to take it out. The entire bottom base is
    covered with styrofoam so you can't even see it unless you take it
    out. If it's "worthless" in the future, oh well :p Personally I'd
    liked to have statues of the "Two Towers". Would have fit better with
    the Arganoths from the first set.

    --
    Scott Streeter

    http://www.wpi.edu/~ss/
    Scott Streeter, Nov 17, 2003
  11. Keld Landin-Petersen

    Paul C. Guest

    (GMAN) wrote in

    > and open up a sealed collectable barbi doll. Next thing you see is
    > dexter fighting some uni-brow fat chick with the Captain Kirk

    fight
    > music from star trek playing in the background.

    Also it was the undoing of Comic Book shop guy on a Halloween
    episode of the Simpsons when he mistakenly removed a Darth Maul
    saber from it's original packaging. (Lucy Lawless sent him to an
    untimely death with that comment ;)
    Paul C., Nov 17, 2003
  12. ..

    Keld Landin-Petersen wrote:

    > First off, what an amazing job they have done on the EE of Two Towers.
    > Again, as with Fellowship, they have made this movie EVEN better!
    >
    > However, it is a FIGHT to get the Gollum statue out of the box! I
    > guess it is nice to see that it is secured for shipping, but this was
    > somewhat ridiculous. I almost tore my box in pieces trying to get it
    > out.

    I was hoping for the Two Towers, as bookends rather that Gollum.
    Tom McCafferty, Nov 18, 2003
  13. Keld Landin-Petersen

    Big Blue Fan Guest

    On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 03:09:17 GMT, Tom McCafferty
    <> wrote:

    >.
    >
    >Keld Landin-Petersen wrote:
    >
    >> First off, what an amazing job they have done on the EE of Two Towers.
    >> Again, as with Fellowship, they have made this movie EVEN better!
    >>
    >> However, it is a FIGHT to get the Gollum statue out of the box! I
    >> guess it is nice to see that it is secured for shipping, but this was
    >> somewhat ridiculous. I almost tore my box in pieces trying to get it
    >> out.

    >I was hoping for the Two Towers, as bookends rather that Gollum.

    Has anybody found the easter egg on the EE of Two Towers for the
    trailer for the Return of the King? Please let me know where it is,
    thanks!
    Big Blue Fan, Nov 18, 2003
  14. Keld Landin-Petersen

    Jay G Guest

    "Paul C." <> wrote ...
    > (GMAN) wrote :
    >
    > > and open up a sealed collectable barbi doll. Next thing you see is
    > > dexter fighting some uni-brow fat chick with the Captain Kirk

    > fight
    > > music from star trek playing in the background.

    > Also it was the undoing of Comic Book shop guy on a Halloween
    > episode of the Simpsons when he mistakenly removed a Darth Maul
    > saber from it's original packaging. (Lucy Lawless sent him to an
    > untimely death with that comment ;)

    AND it was the undoing of the villain The Collector on Powerpuff
    Girls. There was also the collector in Toy Story 2 that kept Stinky
    Pete "mint in box."

    -Jay
    Jay G, Nov 18, 2003
  15. Keld Landin-Petersen

    Klaus Guest

    Disc 1 -Go to the Scene Selections menus, and highlight the horizontal
    picture of Chapter 30, the last chapter on Disc 1. Press down on your remote
    control's direction pad to highlight a ring icon. Click on the ring icon to
    watch Gollum Accept the MTV Movie Award.

    Klaus, Nov 18, 2003
  16. Keld Landin-Petersen

    Codswallop Guest

    On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 14:21:21 GMT, Jay G wrote in alt.video.dvd:

    > AND it was the undoing of the villain The Collector on Powerpuff
    > Girls. There was also the collector in Toy Story 2 that kept Stinky
    > Pete "mint in box."

    And Comic Book Guy who realised he removed the double-ended lightsaber
    from it's box when it was too late!

    --
    - Cods

    (un ROT-13 to email)
    Codswallop, Nov 18, 2003
  17. Keld Landin-Petersen

    Dick Sidbury Guest

    Jay G wrote:
    > "Paul C." <> wrote ...
    >
    >> (GMAN) wrote :
    >>

    >>>and open up a sealed collectable barbi doll. Next thing you see is
    >>>dexter fighting some uni-brow fat chick with the Captain Kirk

    >>fight
    >>
    >>>music from star trek playing in the background.

    >>Also it was the undoing of Comic Book shop guy on a Halloween
    >>episode of the Simpsons when he mistakenly removed a Darth Maul
    >>saber from it's original packaging. (Lucy Lawless sent him to an
    >>untimely death with that comment ;)

    > AND it was the undoing of the villain The Collector on Powerpuff
    > Girls. There was also the collector in Toy Story 2 that kept Stinky
    > Pete "mint in box."
    >
    > -Jay

    Well I got the statue out without harming the box (too much).

    dick
    --however the styrofoam is no longer in NM condition. Knowing my luck
    the styrofoam will be the valuable collectible in 20 years.
    Dick Sidbury, Nov 19, 2003
  18. Keld Landin-Petersen

    Wade365 Guest

    << Well I got the statue out without harming the box (too much). >>

    Saw that statue at Best Buy today... creepy.
    Wade365, Nov 19, 2003
  19. Keld Landin-Petersen

    Big Blue Fan Guest

    I found that, I was hoping there was a hidden trailer for The Return
    of the King some where like the extended version of Fellowship had a
    hidden trailer for The Two Towers.

    Thanks

    Big Blue Fan, Nov 19, 2003
  20. Keld Landin-Petersen

    DyloniusFunk Guest

    "Wade365" <> wrote in message
    > << Well I got the statue out without harming the box (too much). >>
    >
    > Saw that statue at Best Buy today... creepy.

    Well Gollum's not exactly the kind of guy you want running up to you and
    giving you a bear hug.
    DyloniusFunk, Nov 19, 2003