    and then go down from that. A gold ring will highlight. Pick that and
    you get Gollums acceptance speech from the MTV Movie Awards.

    - Jordan
    Jordan Lund, Nov 19, 2003

  2. Jordan Lund

    JRS Guest

    Cool.

    Thanks.

    Hey, is there a cool 'www' site that lists 'eggs' for various DVDs ???

    J.
    NY

    ..
    JRS, Nov 19, 2003

  3. Jordan Lund

    TSKO Guest

    dvdeastereggs.com

    TSKO, Nov 19, 2003
  4. Jordan Lund

    Big Blue Fan Guest

    www.dvdeastereggs.com

    Big Blue Fan, Nov 19, 2003
  5. Jordan Lund

    PBott Guest

    On 19 Nov 2003 10:19:06 -0800, (Jordan Lund)
    wrote:

    >It's on disc one in the same place as the easter egg on the Fellowship
    >set.
    >
    >Go to scene selection, arrow all the way down to the very last scene
    >and then go down from that. A gold ring will highlight. Pick that and
    >you get Gollums acceptance speech from the MTV Movie Awards.
    >
    >- Jordan

    You know, initially I was ticked off because I HATE easter eggs.
    Anything related to the movie should be immediately accessible.

    But after watching it, well... It's hysterical, particularly because
    of how much Gollum curses and who he curses, BUTwith that in mind, it
    feels anti-LOTR....
    PBott, Nov 20, 2003
  6. Jordan Lund

    ZC TGS Guest

    wrote:

    >It's on disc one in the same place as the easter egg on the Fellowship
    >set.
    >
    >Go to scene selection, arrow all the way down to the very last scene
    >and then go down from that. A gold ring will highlight. Pick that and
    >you get Gollums acceptance speech from the MTV Movie Awards.

    Anyone know if Gollums speech is bleeped so that the naughty words
    can't be hard? Thats how it was shown on TV. Hoping the DVD speech
    version is uncut.
    ZC TGS, Nov 20, 2003
  7. Jordan Lund

    Mark B. Guest

    "ZC TGS" <> wrote in message
    > On 19 Nov 2003 10:19:06 -0800, (Jordan Lund)
    > wrote:
    >
    > >It's on disc one in the same place as the easter egg on the Fellowship
    > >set.
    > >
    > >Go to scene selection, arrow all the way down to the very last scene
    > >and then go down from that. A gold ring will highlight. Pick that and
    > >you get Gollums acceptance speech from the MTV Movie Awards.

    > Anyone know if Gollums speech is bleeped so that the naughty words
    > can't be hard? Thats how it was shown on TV. Hoping the DVD speech
    > version is uncut.

    Yes, it's still censored.

    Mark
    Mark B., Nov 20, 2003
  8. "PBott" <> wrote in message
    > On 19 Nov 2003 10:19:06 -0800, (Jordan Lund)
    > wrote:
    >
    > >It's on disc one in the same place as the easter egg on the Fellowship
    > >set.
    > >
    > >Go to scene selection, arrow all the way down to the very last scene
    > >and then go down from that. A gold ring will highlight. Pick that and
    > >you get Gollums acceptance speech from the MTV Movie Awards.
    > >
    > >- Jordan

    > You know, initially I was ticked off because I HATE easter eggs.
    > Anything related to the movie should be immediately accessible.
    >
    > But after watching it, well... It's hysterical, particularly because
    > of how much Gollum curses and who he curses, BUTwith that in mind, it
    > feels anti-LOTR....

    I usually don't bother checking out easter eggs, but I felt compelled to
    look at this one. I'm really glad I did because I found I couldn't stop
    laughing because it was so funny.

    Can you see George Lucas letting Jar Jar Binks do something like that in
    relation to his role in SW? I love Peter Jackson.

    Deborah Proctor
    Deborah Proctor, Nov 20, 2003
  9. "Mark B." <> wrote in message
    > "ZC TGS" <> wrote in message
    > > On 19 Nov 2003 10:19:06 -0800, (Jordan Lund)
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > > >It's on disc one in the same place as the easter egg on the Fellowship
    > > >set.
    > > >
    > > >Go to scene selection, arrow all the way down to the very last scene
    > > >and then go down from that. A gold ring will highlight. Pick that and
    > > >you get Gollums acceptance speech from the MTV Movie Awards.

    > > Anyone know if Gollums speech is bleeped so that the naughty words
    > > can't be hard? Thats how it was shown on TV. Hoping the DVD speech
    > > version is uncut.

    > Yes, it's still censored.
    >
    > Mark

    But you can tell what he's saying. And it makes it even more funny.

    Deborah Proctor
    Deborah Proctor, Nov 20, 2003
  10. Jordan Lund

    Jordan Lund Guest

    ZC TGS <> wrote in message news:<>...

    > Anyone know if Gollums speech is bleeped so that the naughty words
    > can't be hard? Thats how it was shown on TV. Hoping the DVD speech
    > version is uncut.

    Yes, but it's not like you can't tell what he's saying... "Peter
    Jackson! That f***ing hack!" Plus if you turn on subtitles that's
    exactly how it looks...

    I thought it was funny when he called the guys at Weta digital a bunch
    of pin-dicks. That line WASN'T bleeped.

    - Jordan
    Jordan Lund, Nov 20, 2003
  11. Jordan Lund

    Invid Fan Guest

    In article <fj5vb.7835$>,
    Deborah Proctor <> wrote:

    > "PBott" <> wrote in message
    > > On 19 Nov 2003 10:19:06 -0800, (Jordan Lund)
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > > >It's on disc one in the same place as the easter egg on the Fellowship
    > > >set.
    > > >
    > > >Go to scene selection, arrow all the way down to the very last scene
    > > >and then go down from that. A gold ring will highlight. Pick that and
    > > >you get Gollums acceptance speech from the MTV Movie Awards.
    > > >
    > > >- Jordan

    > > You know, initially I was ticked off because I HATE easter eggs.
    > > Anything related to the movie should be immediately accessible.
    > >
    > > But after watching it, well... It's hysterical, particularly because
    > > of how much Gollum curses and who he curses, BUTwith that in mind, it
    > > feels anti-LOTR....

    > I usually don't bother checking out easter eggs, but I felt compelled to
    > look at this one. I'm really glad I did because I found I couldn't stop
    > laughing because it was so funny.
    >
    > Can you see George Lucas letting Jar Jar Binks do something like that in
    > relation to his role in SW? I love Peter Jackson.

    Well, in the same MTV show Yoda won an award, and his CGI character
    accepted and ended up going off a bit. Stayed in character, though :)

    -'Deal/No Deal', CHESS
    Invid Fan, Nov 20, 2003
  12. "Invid Fan" <> wrote in message
    > In article <fj5vb.7835$>,
    > Deborah Proctor <> wrote:
    >
    > > "PBott" <> wrote in message

    Fellowship

    > > > You know, initially I was ticked off because I HATE easter eggs.
    > > > Anything related to the movie should be immediately accessible.
    > > >
    > > > But after watching it, well... It's hysterical, particularly because
    > > > of how much Gollum curses and who he curses, BUTwith that in mind, it
    > > > feels anti-LOTR....

    > > I usually don't bother checking out easter eggs, but I felt compelled to
    > > look at this one. I'm really glad I did because I found I couldn't stop
    > > laughing because it was so funny.
    > >
    > > Can you see George Lucas letting Jar Jar Binks do something like that in
    > > relation to his role in SW? I love Peter Jackson.
    > >

    > Well, in the same MTV show Yoda won an award, and his CGI character
    > accepted and ended up going off a bit. Stayed in character, though :)
    >
    > --
    > Chris Mack "Refugee, total shit. That's how I've always seen us.
    > 'Invid Fan' Not a help, you'll admit, to agreement between us."
    > -'Deal/No Deal', CHESS

    Did Yoda make funny about GL?

    Deborah Proctor
    Deborah Proctor, Nov 20, 2003
  13. Jordan Lund

    Jay G Guest

    "Deborah Proctor" <> wrote ...

    > "Invid Fan" <> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > Can you see George Lucas letting Jar Jar Binks do something like that

    in
    > > > relation to his role in SW? I love Peter Jackson.
    > > >

    > > Well, in the same MTV show Yoda won an award, and his CGI character
    > > accepted and ended up going off a bit. Stayed in character, though :)

    > Did Yoda make funny about GL?

    No, Yoda didn't make funny at all. He didn't insult anyone, just read
    off a huge list of people to thank, which included some "funny"
    references to celebrities.

    -Jay
    Jay G, Nov 22, 2003
  14. "Jay G" <> wrote in message

    that
    > in
    > > > >
    > > > Well, in the same MTV show Yoda won an award, and his CGI character
    > > > accepted and ended up going off a bit. Stayed in character, though :)

    > > Did Yoda make funny about GL?

    > No, Yoda didn't make funny at all. He didn't insult anyone, just read
    > off a huge list of people to thank, which included some "funny"
    > references to celebrities.
    >
    > -Jay

    Which probably explains why LOTR is tons better than SW.

    Deborah Proctor
    Deborah Proctor, Nov 22, 2003
  15. Jordan Lund

    TSKO Guest

    .........but still funny as all S!#T to watch

    TSKO, Nov 22, 2003
  16. Jordan Lund

    TSKO Guest

    am I blind..but right before the end...did he give the finger before we
    walked "off camera"?

    TSKO, Nov 22, 2003
  17. Jordan Lund

    SDamien3 Guest

    >am I blind..but right before the end...did he give the finger before we
    >walked "off camera"?

    Indeed he/they does/do give us the finger, Precious. Twice, unless my eyes are
    deceived by some spell.

    ;)

    cheers,
    steven
    SDamien3, Nov 22, 2003
  18. Jordan Lund

    PeterTHX Guest

    "Deborah Proctor" <> wrote
    > > No, Yoda didn't make funny at all. He didn't insult anyone, just read
    > > off a huge list of people to thank, which included some "funny"
    > > references to celebrities.
    > >
    > > -Jay

    > Which probably explains why LOTR is tons better than SW.
    >
    > Deborah Proctor

    This makes absolutely no sense.

    Not to mention "LOTR" is a series of books that have been around for decades
    and adapted to the screen. The "SW" films, while not everyone's cup of tea,
    are from scratch.

    Before anyone goes on another Peter Jackson worship binge, it's entirely
    possible some other director could have done better, perhaps even Lucas. Or
    worse. Or whatever. The comparisons are apples & oranges. Might as well
    compare the Indy trilogy while you're at it.
    PeterTHX, Nov 23, 2003
  19. Jordan Lund

    Justin Guest

    PeterTHX wrote on [Sat, 22 Nov 2003 23:16:56 -0800]:

    > "Deborah Proctor" <> wrote
    >> > No, Yoda didn't make funny at all. He didn't insult anyone, just read
    >> > off a huge list of people to thank, which included some "funny"
    >> > references to celebrities.
    >> >
    >> > -Jay

    >> Which probably explains why LOTR is tons better than SW.
    >>
    >> Deborah Proctor

    > This makes absolutely no sense.
    >
    > Not to mention "LOTR" is a series of books that have been around for decades
    > and adapted to the screen. The "SW" films, while not everyone's cup of tea,
    > are from scratch.

    Oh, you wanna bet? Even GL has acknowledged that SW was heavily
    influenced by certain Kurosawa films
    Justin, Nov 23, 2003
  20. PeterTHX wrote:
    > "Deborah Proctor" <> wrote
    >
    >>>No, Yoda didn't make funny at all. He didn't insult anyone, just read
    >>>off a huge list of people to thank, which included some "funny"
    >>>references to celebrities.
    >>>
    >>>-Jay

    >>Which probably explains why LOTR is tons better than SW.
    >>
    >>Deborah Proctor

    > This makes absolutely no sense.
    >
    > Not to mention "LOTR" is a series of books that have been around for decades
    > and adapted to the screen. The "SW" films, while not everyone's cup of tea,
    > are from scratch.

    Maybe (although they rip off a number of films and a shot in the style
    of Saturday Matinees), but a 15 year olf could have put those stories
    together. They aint exactly deep (not that LoTR is great literature,
    either).

    > Before anyone goes on another Peter Jackson worship binge, it's entirely
    > possible some other director could have done better, perhaps even Lucas.

    With his writing skills? Please.
    Tallulah Blanket, Nov 23, 2003