Two T1 Lines

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Mike Wren, Nov 15, 2005.

  1. Mike Wren

    Mike Wren Guest

    We have two T1 lines coming into our office (same provider for both lines).
    One T1 is terminated at an Adtran, the other at a Netopia Router with a T1
    wic. Behind the Netopia T1 is a Pix 506e and our wired network. Behind the
    Adtran T1 is our unsecured wireless network. We presently have this
    wireless network wide open. Users who wish to access resources on the
    secured wired network from the wireless network must establish a VPN to the
    pix, just like they would from anywhere on the internet.

    The only downside to this arrangement for us is that while a user is on a
    laptop in the office with a VPN established his speed is limited by the T1
    bandwidth and he is using bandwidth on both T1s. This seems crazy as both
    T1's are terminated in the same wiring closet.

    What type of hardware would I need to reconfigure this setup such that:
    1) Wired and Wireless still go to the cloud through separate T1s
    2) Wireless VPN traffic to the wired network is routed directly in the
    wiring closet at 100mb instead of 1.5mbps) to the Pix. This traffic does
    not go out to the cloud and come back in but instead stays on our hardware.
    3) The pix still accepts incoming VPN requests from the rest of the internet

    Mike Wren, Nov 15, 2005

  2. Mike Wren

    Everton Guest

    Everton, Nov 16, 2005