    Donald Tyne Guest

    How can I hide my identity when sending e-mail to a news group?
    How can I select what programs start when I start my computer?

    Donald Tyne, Apr 24, 2004

  2. Donald  Tyne

    Dave Croft Guest

    "Donald Tyne" <> wrote in message news:TMpic.7253$...
    > How can I hide my identity when sending e-mail to a news group?
    > How can I select what programs start when I start my computer?

    Hi Donald, for the first question see
    http://privacy.net/email/
    Regards,
    --
    Dave Croft

    Dave Croft, Apr 24, 2004

  3. Donald  Tyne

    Sjolleman Guest

    "Donald Tyne" <> schreef in bericht
    > How can I hide my identity when sending e-mail to a news group?
    > How can I select what programs start when I start my computer?

    These questions cannot be answered, as you are not stating which OS
    you use and which program you use to post messages to the newsgroup.

    Sjolleman, Apr 24, 2004
  4. Donald  Tyne

    Donald Tyne Guest

    I am using OS 5.0

    Donald Tyne, Apr 24, 2004
  5. Donald  Tyne

    Boomer Guest

    "Donald Tyne" <> wrote in

    > I am using OS 5.0

    Your OS (Operating System) is Windows XP? 98? 3.1? ME?
    Your news client appears to be Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2615.200

    You aren't sending e-mail to a news group. :)
    See information below about 'munging'.

    > Sjolleman <Sjolleman Geen no @ spaties spaces hccnet.nl> wrote in
    > message news:408a4f06$0$1018$...
    >>
    >> "Donald Tyne" <> schreef in bericht
    >> > How can I hide my identity when sending e-mail to a news group?
    >> > How can I select what programs start when I start my computer?
    >> >

    >> These questions cannot be answered, as you are not stating which
    >> OS you use and which program you use to post messages to the
    >> newsgroup.

    ~ Munging ~
    http://www.ecofuture.org/jmnews.html#hide

    If you use Outlook Express go to...
    Tools> Accounts...> News tab> Properties button> General tab.
    Under "User Information" change the "Name", "E-mail address"
    and "Reply address" fields.

    Example: lid

    Verify that it is Not a valid domain here:
    http://www.canufly.net/~georgegg/dns/

    ~ Spambots ~
    http://www.sendfakemail.com/fakemail/botbait/makebait.asp

    ~ Harvesting ~
    http://www.private.org.il/harvest.html
    http://easyweb.easynet.co.uk/~gcaselton/spam/harvesting.html

    ~Safe Hex ~
    http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/articles/safehex.html
    http://www.claymania.com/safe-hex.html

    Freeware programs:
    SpamPal for Windows http://www.spampal.org/
    FrontGateMX http://www.presorium.com/index.shtml

    Unpatched IE security holes
    http://pivx.com/larholm/unpatched/

    Protecting Your Privacy & Security
    http://www.staff.uiuc.edu/~ehowes/main-nf.htm

    Boomer, Apr 24, 2004
  6. Donald  Tyne

    Donald Tyne Guest

    Windows 98

    Donald Tyne, Apr 24, 2004
  7. Donald  Tyne

    Boomer Guest

    "Donald Tyne" <> wrote in

    > How can I hide my identity when sending e-mail to a news group?
    > How can I select what programs start when I start my computer?

    Hi again,

    What programs? Some programs have the option to start (or not) when
    your computer boots up. Some programs need other software to control
    what starts or does not start when you turn your computer on.

    Here are a few freeware sites that might help if you need a 3rd party
    app.
    http://www.snapfiles.com/freeware/freeware.html
    http://www.freewarehome.com/
    http://www.pricelessware.org/
    http://www.sover.net/~wysiwygx/index.html

    Google.com is your friend. :)

    --
    Reminder, it is not e-mail.

    Boomer, Apr 24, 2004
  8. Donald  Tyne

    Boomer Guest

    Boomer, Apr 24, 2004
  9. Blinky the Shark, Apr 24, 2004
  10. Donald  Tyne

    trout Guest

    Donald Tyne wrote:

    > How can I hide my identity when sending e-mail to a news group?

    Click on Tools; Accounts; News tab. Click on the account to
    highlight it, and click "Properties". Change the email address (and
    reply address) there, using something like this:
    "(whatever)@(whatever).invalid". Use '.invalid' at the end, to make sure
    you don't cause spam to be sent to a valid domain.
    This is also where you choose the name that will be displayed on
    your posts, if you want to use something else. This is entirely separate
    from *email* settings, and will not effect them.

    > How can I select what programs start when I start my computer?

    Start Menu; Programs; Startup (folder).
    --
    "Or use one of the third-party programs suggested."

    trout, Apr 24, 2004
  11. Donald  Tyne

    Donald Tyne Guest

    windows 98

    Donald Tyne, Apr 24, 2004
  12. Donald  Tyne

    Pat Guest

    Get a copy of "Windows for Dummies" & get busy reading up on this very basic
    stuff!

    Pat, Apr 25, 2004