    Steve

    --
    ----------Pull The Pin to Reply-------------

    Steve 'Wacko', Sep 26, 2003

  2. Steve 'Wacko'

    Stevo Guest

    Steve 'Wacko' wrote:
    > Hi Ya
    >
    > Yet again I find myself asking the experts on here for a little simple
    > advice.......
    >
    > 1) How can I change the program I view my gifs, jpeg etc. I am not
    > sure if it is because I have ME on the new PC but I dont like the
    > program that shows me. Is it possible ???
    >
    > 2) I have downloaded a trial 30 day version of Photoshop 7, Is there
    > anyway I can see if the program will stop working after 30 days if so
    > can I just reinstall it again.
    >
    > Many Thanks in Advance
    > Steve

    To the first one, a lot of graphic editors have the option to set file
    'association' so take a look in preferences/options etc for something like
    that, in the package you want to use..

    Number two, just change your system date forward by the 30 days .. that
    should tell you.. (don't forget to change it back though or the date police
    will get you!!!)

    --
    Stevo
    (pull the PIN to reply by e-mail)

    Stevo, Sep 26, 2003

  3. Steve 'Wacko'

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Steve 'Wacko' said:

    > Hi Ya
    >
    > Yet again I find myself asking the experts on here for a little simple
    > advice.......
    >
    > 1) How can I change the program I view my gifs, jpeg etc. I am not sure if
    > it is because I have ME on the new PC but I dont like the program that shows
    > me. Is it possible ???

    Right click a jpg, select Open With | Choose program, and opt for Always use
    this program.......

    > 2) I have downloaded a trial 30 day version of Photoshop 7, Is there anyway
    > I can see if the program will stop working after 30 days if so can I just
    > reinstall it again.

    30 days is 30 days.

    Brian H¹©, Sep 26, 2003
  4. Steve 'Wacko'

    Jim PKP Guest

    Steve 'Wacko' wrote:

    > Hi Ya
    >
    > Yet again I find myself asking the experts on here for a little simple
    > advice.......
    >
    > 1) How can I change the program I view my gifs, jpeg etc. I am not sure if
    > it is because I have ME on the new PC but I dont like the program that shows
    > me. Is it possible ???
    >
    > 2) I have downloaded a trial 30 day version of Photoshop 7, Is there anyway
    > I can see if the program will stop working after 30 days if so can I just
    > reinstall it again.

    Alright Stevo? To the first one, you should be able to right-click on an
    image, select Properties, and you should see a button that says Change.
    Click on that to change the app that opens the image type.

    Second question, no idea I'm afraid.

    --
    ---
    | JIM | PKP |

    Jim PKP, Sep 26, 2003
  5. Steve 'Wacko'

    °Mike° Guest

    1) http://www.irfanview.com (Don't forget the plug-ins)

    2) If you like it after 30 days, buy it!

    On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 22:20:40 +0100, in
    <bl2ai8$bv8$>
    Steve 'Wacko' scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Sep 26, 2003
  6. Steve 'Wacko'

    Philip SC Guest

    1. Shift - Right click, open with...

    2. It won't

    Philip SC, Sep 26, 2003
  7. Steve 'Wacko'

    LooseLips Guest

    "Steve 'Wacko'" <> wrote in > Hi Ya
    >snip<
    > 2) I have downloaded a trial 30 day version of Photoshop 7, Is there

    anyway
    > I can see if the program will stop working after 30 days if so can I just
    > reinstall it again.

    Don't bother with Photoshop 7, just use the Gimp for all your digital photo
    editing needs.
    http://tinyurl.com/ouce
    Free as in speech, easy to use, and if you like it get involved.

    LooseLips, Sep 27, 2003