    "post card" format, which is only 1600x1200. What do they have to do
    with each other

    , Jun 19, 2006

  2. Bucky Guest

    wrote:
    > 1): Don't see any display of remaining battery charge on the LCD
    > screen.

    Yup. Only displays when low battery, otherwise does not display.

    > 2): To have the date and time imprinted I have to choose the so called
    > "post card" format, which is only 1600x1200. What do they have to do
    > with each other

    I don't use datestamp, so I didn't know about that requirement. That's
    really weird. There are software that can automatically add the
    datestamp afterwards though.

    Bucky, Jun 19, 2006

  3. Guest

    What is the low battery symbol and how long do you have once it comes
    on? Last time I didn't even notice it.

  4. Bucky Guest

    wrote:
    > What is the low battery symbol and how long do you have once it comes
    > on? Last time I didn't even notice it.

    I actually have an SD200, but that is in the same family, so the
    functionality should be very similar. With power savings turned on, LCD
    preview time set to minimum, not using flash, and not reviewing
    pictures, I can usually still take anywhere from 20-50 more pictures
    after the low batt first comes on. My low batt symbol is the standard
    battery symbol with a diagonal slash that looks like it's becoming
    empty.

    Bucky, Jun 20, 2006
  5. Guest

    Thanks. Must have missed that. Digital camera UI still needs a lot of
    work. There are plenty of inexplicable symbols even AFTER you read
    about them. How do you turn on datestamping on your camera?

    Bucky wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > What is the low battery symbol and how long do you have once it comes
    > > on? Last time I didn't even notice it.

    > I actually have an SD200, but that is in the same family, so the
    > functionality should be very similar. With power savings turned on, LCD
    > preview time set to minimum, not using flash, and not reviewing
    > pictures, I can usually still take anywhere from 20-50 more pictures
    > after the low batt first comes on. My low batt symbol is the standard
    > battery symbol with a diagonal slash that looks like it's becoming
    > empty.

    , Jun 20, 2006
  6. Bucky Guest

    wrote:
    > How do you turn on datestamping on your camera?

    Same way as yours. Switch to "postcard" mode. Then turn on datestamp.
    (This is theory, I've never used datestamp function before).

    Bucky, Jun 20, 2006