    either of them. Does it require some kind of plug-in to view these
    slideshows? What am I doing wrong?

    Thanks!

    BRH, Nov 25, 2006

  2. BRH

    Mark² Guest

    BRH wrote:
    > After having tried the trial version of ProShow Gold, I'm interested
    > in purchasing it. I have a few questions:
    >
    > 1. Is the Photodex website the only place where it can be purchased?
    > Is it available only as a download? If there's a legitimate
    > website/brick-and-mortar store that sells it as a CD (not a download)
    > for less, I'm interested in hearing about it.

    It's sold via download, but when I bought ProShow Producer, they sent me a
    retail box with a hard-copy manual, disk, etc. You might want to call them
    and inquire about disk-based sales of Gold.

    > 2. The Photodex website lists a number of sample slideshows to view,
    > but I can't view any of them. I've tried Internet Explorer (Version
    > 6.0) and the Mozilla (Version 1.7.3) browsers, but it doesn't work
    > with either of them. Does it require some kind of plug-in to view
    > these slideshows? What am I doing wrong?

    Just as Microsoft PowerPoint requires a small player download, so does
    ProShow.
    This will allow you to play the shows smoothly.

    www.pbase.com/markuson

    Mark², Nov 25, 2006

  3. BRH

    Colin_D Guest

    Mark² wrote:
    > BRH wrote:
    >> After having tried the trial version of ProShow Gold, I'm interested
    >> in purchasing it. I have a few questions:
    >>
    >> 1. Is the Photodex website the only place where it can be purchased?
    >> Is it available only as a download? If there's a legitimate
    >> website/brick-and-mortar store that sells it as a CD (not a download)
    >> for less, I'm interested in hearing about it.

    > It's sold via download, but when I bought ProShow Producer, they sent me a
    > retail box with a hard-copy manual, disk, etc. You might want to call them
    > and inquire about disk-based sales of Gold.
    >
    >> 2. The Photodex website lists a number of sample slideshows to view,
    >> but I can't view any of them. I've tried Internet Explorer (Version
    >> 6.0) and the Mozilla (Version 1.7.3) browsers, but it doesn't work
    >> with either of them. Does it require some kind of plug-in to view
    >> these slideshows? What am I doing wrong?

    > Just as Microsoft PowerPoint requires a small player download, so does
    > ProShow.
    > This will allow you to play the shows smoothly.

    Yes, it's called 'Photodex Presenter'. It comes with Proshow, and I'm
    not sure if it's available separately, but I should imagine it would be.

    BTW, what objection do you have to downloading the program? It's about
    13 megabytes, not too big even for dialup, about a hour or so.

    Colin D.

    Colin_D, Nov 25, 2006
  4. BRH

    Mike Fields Guest

    <BRH> wrote in message
    > After having tried the trial version of ProShow Gold, I'm interested
    > in purchasing it. I have a few questions:
    >
    > 1. Is the Photodex website the only place where it can be purchased?
    > Is it available only as a download? If there's a legitimate
    > website/brick-and-mortar store that sells it as a CD (not a download)
    > for less, I'm interested in hearing about it.

    ========
    I'm not aware of anywhere else that sells it (at least none
    of the regular places I buy stuff carries it).
    ========

    > 2. The Photodex website lists a number of sample slideshows to view,
    > but I can't view any of them. I've tried Internet Explorer (Version
    > 6.0) and the Mozilla (Version 1.7.3) browsers, but it doesn't work
    > with either of them. Does it require some kind of plug-in to view
    > these slideshows? What am I doing wrong?
    >
    > Thanks!

    a yahoo account for this one, but it is free.
    Good info in both groups.
    =========
    mikey

    Mike Fields, Nov 25, 2006