    Kyle

    $1million US dollars to sensfan_luvslisa (at) yahoo (dot) ca. Change the
    reply. Money gets faster attention ;o)

    Sens Fan Happy In Ohio, Jul 21, 2004

  2. Sens Fan Happy In Ohio

    DC Guest

    Sens Fan Happy In Ohio wrote:
    > Is it possible to operate two colour printers (one via USB - one via
    > parallel port) at the same on a PC running Windows XP Professional? Can
    > they both print different tasks/files at the same time? Often times at work
    > I am swamped with work and could really use to hook up a 2nd printer and be
    > able to print colour separations (13 x 19) to one printer while printing
    > letters, ads or other tasks to a second printer (8½ x 11 in either colour or
    > B/W).

    > Thanks!! :)

    Yes.

    --
    DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

    DC, Jul 21, 2004

  3. Sens Fan Happy In Ohio

    Sonic Guest

    Shouldn't be an issue.

    --
    BOINC Team -
    http://setiweb.ssl.berkeley.edu/team_display.php?teamid=112938

    Sonic, Jul 21, 2004
  4. I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Tue,
    20 Jul 2004 19:11:54 -0400, "Sens Fan Happy In Ohio"
    <> screamed from behind the mulberry bush:

    >Is it possible to operate two colour printers (one via USB - one via
    >parallel port) at the same on a PC running Windows XP Professional? Can
    >they both print different tasks/files at the same time? Often times at work
    >I am swamped with work and could really use to hook up a 2nd printer and be
    >able to print colour separations (13 x 19) to one printer while printing
    >letters, ads or other tasks to a second printer (8½ x 11 in either colour or
    >B/W).
    >
    >Thanks!! :)

    Ues, you can but when it's printing, it'll probably slow your PC down
    to a crawl, depending of course on how much RAM you have and how fast
    the CPU is. If you want, you can put both printers on USB ports.
    Parallel ports aren't as fast and they consume more resources on your
    PC.

    Dr Harvie Wahl-Banghor

    Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor, Jul 21, 2004
  5. Sens Fan Happy In Ohio

    DennisC Guest

    > Is it possible to operate two colour printers (one via USB - one via
    > parallel port) at the same on a PC running Windows XP Professional? Can
    > they both print different tasks/files at the same time? Often times at

    work
    > I am swamped with work and could really use to hook up a 2nd printer and

    be
    > able to print colour separations (13 x 19) to one printer while printing
    > letters, ads or other tasks to a second printer (8½ x 11 in either colour

    or
    > B/W).
    >
    > Thanks!! :)
    >
    > --
    > Kyle
    >
    > Reply address is fake. Please send all praise, abuse, insults, bequests of
    > $1million US dollars to sensfan_luvslisa (at) yahoo (dot) ca. Change the
    > obvious to the obvious. Oh, and if you must abuse or insult, don't expect

    > reply. Money gets faster attention ;o)

    Hello,
    Yes, you can have two printers, one parallel and one USB.
    Printing at the same time may generate print spooler errors. They only
    way to find out is to try it. A color sep will definately keep the spooler
    busy. It it does generate errors, set the second printer to print directly
    to the printer.
    P.s. If you work by the hour, forget the second printer...Heh Heh
    DennisC

    DennisC, Jul 21, 2004
  6. Sens Fan Happy In Ohio

    Scribner Guest

    <> wrote:

    >Is it possible to operate two colour printers (one via USB - one via
    >parallel port) at the same on a PC running Windows XP Professional? Can
    >they both print different tasks/files at the same time? Often times at work
    >I am swamped with work and could really use to hook up a 2nd printer and be
    >able to print colour separations (13 x 19) to one printer while printing
    >letters, ads or other tasks to a second printer (8½ x 11 in either colour or
    >B/W).
    >
    >Thanks!! :)

    I'm running two. One USB and one Parallel. I just can't print both
    at the same time.

    Scribner, Jul 21, 2004