    was not too expensive networked solution with common ext. HD connected to
    the network, I would also consider this.
    Divoch

    divoch, Apr 11, 2006

  2. "divoch" <>, the hairy old man and
    cum-slurping fart-catcher who likes dispassionate rump riding with elk,
    and whose partner is a weekend ho with a toxic snatch, wrote in
    <QnS_f.46078$>:
    > Envisaged scenario: Two PCs running Win XP, one external USB 2 Hard
    > Drive. Is there any practical problem one needs to consider in using
    > a common HD for backing up Data if not a complete image from two
    > computers? I am envisaging manually plugging HD alternately to each PC
    > but,
    > if there was not too expensive networked solution with common ext. HD
    > connected to the network, I would also consider this.
    > Divoch

    Netgear sc101

    --
    Lunch was Nice;
    Skank whore's tit blisters and lemon extract accentuated with beastly

    Banned Apache, Apr 11, 2006

  3. divoch

    beenthere Guest

    "divoch" <> wrote in message
    > Envisaged scenario: Two PCs running Win XP, one external USB 2 Hard Drive.
    > Is there any practical problem one needs to consider in using a common HD
    > for backing up Data if not a complete image from two computers?
    > I am envisaging manually plugging HD alternately to each PC but, if
    > there was not too expensive networked solution with common ext. HD
    > connected to the network, I would also consider this.
    > Divoch

    Partition USB drive 50/50, one for each machine.
    Name the partitions, so you know which is which.
    Unplug and plug into each machine as required.

    beenthere, Apr 11, 2006
  4. divoch

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:QnS_f.46078$,
    divoch spewed forth:
    > Envisaged scenario: Two PCs running Win XP, one external USB 2 Hard
    > Drive. Is there any practical problem one needs to consider in using
    > a common HD for backing up Data if not a complete image from two
    > computers? I am envisaging manually plugging HD alternately to each PC
    > but,
    > if there was not too expensive networked solution with common ext. HD
    > connected to the network, I would also consider this.
    > Divoch

    That would depend mostly on the METHOD you choose for backing up your files.

    I have a portable USB drive which I use on three different PCs to transfer
    files between them and keep all three up-to-date with each other.

    --
    My wife and I divorced over religious differences. She thought she was
    God and I didn't.

    Toolman Tim, Apr 12, 2006
  5. divoch

    divoch Guest

    "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    > In news:QnS_f.46078$,
    > divoch spewed forth:
    >> Envisaged scenario: Two PCs running Win XP, one external USB 2 Hard
    >> Drive. Is there any practical problem one needs to consider in using
    >> a common HD for backing up Data if not a complete image from two
    >> computers? I am envisaging manually plugging HD alternately to each PC
    >> but,
    >> if there was not too expensive networked solution with common ext. HD
    >> connected to the network, I would also consider this.
    >> Divoch

    > That would depend mostly on the METHOD you choose for backing up your
    > files.
    >
    > I have a portable USB drive which I use on three different PCs to transfer
    > files between them and keep all three up-to-date with each other.

    Well, as far as the method is concerned, I am looking for some ideas and so
    would
    be interested to know what works for you. Initially I do not envisage to do
    anything
    more than backing up data and settings, i.e. My documents,Favorites, OE mail
    folders and settings, OE address book and that is about it.
    Divoch

    divoch, Apr 12, 2006
  6. divoch

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 18:47:48 +0000, Banned Apache wrote:

    > "divoch" <>, the hairy old man and
    > cum-slurping fart-catcher who likes dispassionate rump riding with elk,
    > and whose partner is a weekend ho with a toxic snatch, wrote in
    > <QnS_f.46078$>:
    >> Envisaged scenario: Two PCs running Win XP, one external USB 2 Hard
    >> Drive. Is there any practical problem one needs to consider in using
    >> a common HD for backing up Data if not a complete image from two
    >> computers? I am envisaging manually plugging HD alternately to each PC
    >> but,
    >> if there was not too expensive networked solution with common ext. HD
    >> connected to the network, I would also consider this.
    >> Divoch

    > Netgear sc101

    I agree with this poast.

    Meat Plow, Apr 12, 2006
  7. divoch

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 08:08:55 +0000, divoch wrote:

    > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    >> In news:QnS_f.46078$,
    >> divoch spewed forth:
    >>> Envisaged scenario: Two PCs running Win XP, one external USB 2 Hard
    >>> Drive. Is there any practical problem one needs to consider in using
    >>> a common HD for backing up Data if not a complete image from two
    >>> computers? I am envisaging manually plugging HD alternately to each PC
    >>> but,
    >>> if there was not too expensive networked solution with common ext. HD
    >>> connected to the network, I would also consider this.
    >>> Divoch

    >> That would depend mostly on the METHOD you choose for backing up your
    >> files.
    >>
    >> I have a portable USB drive which I use on three different PCs to transfer
    >> files between them and keep all three up-to-date with each other.

    > Well, as far as the method is concerned, I am looking for some ideas and so
    > would
    > be interested to know what works for you. Initially I do not envisage to do
    > anything
    > more than backing up data and settings, i.e. My documents,Favorites, OE mail
    > folders and settings, OE address book and that is about it.
    > Divoch

    sc101 or similar net appliance.

    Meat Plow, Apr 12, 2006