    please?

    Also would like the opening overture as an MP3.

    thanks

    richard, Nov 20, 2008

  2. richard

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 20:06:47 -0500, richard <>
    wrote:

    >I'm looking for two scenes from the movie.
    >
    >1) Where spencer tracy drives down the ramp onto the PCH (ca 1).
    >
    >2) Where Edie Adams is taking a drink at a water fountain and spots
    >the "big w".
    >
    >If anyone has the movie can you rip the scenes and post somewhere
    >please?
    >
    >Also would like the opening overture as an MP3.

    "Just for you asshole I'm gonna explain this so maybe you can
    understand."

    Yeah, I haven't forgotten.

    I found both of the above in under 2 minutes, already on the net.

    Find it yourself. You can do it.

    Best of luck.

    Evan Platt, Nov 20, 2008

  3. richard

    richard Guest

    On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 18:29:18 -0800, Evan Platt
    <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 20:06:47 -0500, richard <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>I'm looking for two scenes from the movie.
    >>
    >>1) Where spencer tracy drives down the ramp onto the PCH (ca 1).
    >>
    >>2) Where Edie Adams is taking a drink at a water fountain and spots
    >>the "big w".
    >>
    >>If anyone has the movie can you rip the scenes and post somewhere
    >>please?
    >>
    >>Also would like the opening overture as an MP3.

    >"Just for you asshole I'm gonna explain this so maybe you can
    >understand."
    >
    >Yeah, I haven't forgotten.
    >
    >I found both of the above in under 2 minutes, already on the net.
    >
    >Find it yourself. You can do it.
    >
    >Best of luck.

    Uh yep. And using google, you get tons of references to the group "mad
    men" which has nothing to do with the movie theme other than having
    the same name. Which in turn, gives a you a zillion hits of totally
    unrelated crap.

    I'm not looking for the full length movie. Just the two clips.
    I've found a few dozen sites that have screen shots of various parts,
    but not the scenes I want.

    I even tried dogpile and they couldn't come up with any relevant hits
    either.

    The main problem with search engines is, they rely to much on hitting
    on just one single word, and all of it's offshoots, way to much.

    richard, Nov 20, 2008
  4. richard

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 22:27:33 -0500, richard <>
    wrote:

    >Uh yep. And using google, you get tons of references to the group "mad
    >men" which has nothing to do with the movie theme other than having
    >the same name. Which in turn, gives a you a zillion hits of totally
    >unrelated crap.
    >
    >I'm not looking for the full length movie. Just the two clips.
    >I've found a few dozen sites that have screen shots of various parts,
    >but not the scenes I want.
    >
    >I even tried dogpile and they couldn't come up with any relevant hits
    >either.
    >

    >The main problem with search engines is, they rely to much on hitting
    >on just one single word, and all of it's offshoots, way to much.

    Nowhere did I mention Google, did I?

    Try Usenet. Both the movie, and the soundtrack are on Usenet.

    Yes, you'll need to download the movie the extract the scenes you
    want.

    Evan Platt, Nov 20, 2008
  5. richard

    richard Guest

    In article <>, Evan Platt says...

    >On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 22:27:33 -0500, richard <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Uh yep. And using google, you get tons of references to the group "mad
    >>men" which has nothing to do with the movie theme other than having
    >>the same name. Which in turn, gives a you a zillion hits of totally
    >>unrelated crap.
    >>
    >>I'm not looking for the full length movie. Just the two clips.
    >>I've found a few dozen sites that have screen shots of various parts,
    >>but not the scenes I want.
    >>
    >>I even tried dogpile and they couldn't come up with any relevant hits
    >>either.
    >>

    >>The main problem with search engines is, they rely to much on hitting
    >>on just one single word, and all of it's offshoots, way to much.

    >Nowhere did I mention Google, did I?
    >
    >Try Usenet. Both the movie, and the soundtrack are on Usenet.
    >
    >Yes, you'll need to download the movie the extract the scenes you
    >want.

    Thanks to my supplier, they have added a neat search feature. It only took a few
    seconds to look through 80,000 newsgroups. Thanks to that, I was able to find
    the mp3 that I had requested in one group. Agent overlooked it. So now I've got
    that and I'm waiting on agent to download the headers for the movie group.

    richard, Nov 20, 2008
  6. richard

    Evan Platt Guest

    On 19 Nov 2008 20:39:07 -0800, richard <>
    wrote:

    >Thanks to my supplier, they have added a neat search feature. It only took a few
    >seconds to look through 80,000 newsgroups. Thanks to that, I was able to find
    >the mp3 that I had requested in one group. Agent overlooked it. So now I've got
    >that and I'm waiting on agent to download the headers for the movie group.

    Shemes.com offers Grabit Usenet search. Very useful.

    And if you know that your song is from say the 60's, you can narrow
    your search down to oh say 5-10 groups even without a search.

    Evan Platt, Nov 20, 2008
  7. richard

    richard Guest

    On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 21:18:52 -0800, Evan Platt
    <> wrote:

    >On 19 Nov 2008 20:39:07 -0800, richard <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Thanks to my supplier, they have added a neat search feature. It only took a few
    >>seconds to look through 80,000 newsgroups. Thanks to that, I was able to find
    >>the mp3 that I had requested in one group. Agent overlooked it. So now I've got
    >>that and I'm waiting on agent to download the headers for the movie group.

    >Shemes.com offers Grabit Usenet search. Very useful.
    >
    >And if you know that your song is from say the 60's, you can narrow
    >your search down to oh say 5-10 groups even without a search.

    Well after seeing just the basic info on the file available, no
    thanks.

    I'm not wasting my time downloading a 2 1/2 hour long movie just to
    get a couple of scenes. So I'll see if I can buy a copy or rent one
    somewhere.

    richard, Nov 20, 2008
  8. richard

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 00:45:28 -0500, richard <>
    wrote:

    >Well after seeing just the basic info on the file available, no
    >thanks.

    Start download.
    Go to sleep.
    Wake up, download done.

    Suit yourself...

    Evan Platt, Nov 20, 2008
  9. richard

    sandy58 Guest

  10. richard

    richard Guest

    On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 01:39:51 -0800 (PST), sandy58
    <> wrote:

    >On Nov 20, 1:06 am, richard <> wrote:
    >> I'm looking for two scenes from the movie.
    >>
    >> 1) Where spencer tracy drives down the ramp onto the PCH (ca 1).
    >>
    >> 2) Where Edie Adams is taking a drink at a water fountain and spots
    >> the "big w".
    >>
    >> If anyone has the movie can you rip the scenes and post somewhere
    >> please?
    >>
    >> Also would like the opening overture as an MP3.
    >>
    >> thanks

    >The whole movie?
    >Download:
    >
    >CD1:
    >http://rapidshare.com/files/13264690/MadWorld_1.part1.rar
    >http://rapidshare.com/files/13264697/MadWorld_1.part2.rar
    >http://rapidshare.com/files/13264865/MadWorld_1.part3.rar
    >http://rapidshare.com/files/13264912/MadWorld_1.part4.rar
    >http://rapidshare.com/files/13264907/MadWorld_1.part5.rar
    >http://rapidshare.com/files/13264864/MadWorld_1.part6.rar
    >http://rapidshare.com/files/13264693/MadWorld_1.part7.rar
    >http://rapidshare.com/files/13264671/MadWorld_1.part8.rar
    >
    >CD2:
    >http://rapidshare.com/files/13264681/MadWorld_2.part1.rar
    >http://rapidshare.com/files/13264682/MadWorld_2.part2.rar
    >http://rapidshare.com/files/13264685/MadWorld_2.part3.rar
    >http://rapidshare.com/files/13264684/MadWorld_2.part4.rar
    >http://rapidshare.com/files/13264691/MadWorld_2.part5.rar
    >http://rapidshare.com/files/13264686/MadWorld_2.part6.rar
    >http://rapidshare.com/files/13264890/MadWorld_2.part7.rar
    >
    >(for un-rar)
    >Password:
    >shadowfawkes

    Thanks. Only problem is, free user gets one file download and that's
    it so I wasted my time.

    richard, Nov 20, 2008
  11. richard

    sandy58 Guest

    On Nov 20, 1:03 pm, richard <> wrote:
    > On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 01:39:51 -0800 (PST), sandy58
    >

    > <> wrote:
    > >On Nov 20, 1:06 am, richard <> wrote:
    > >> I'm looking for two scenes from the movie.

    > >> 1) Where spencer tracy drives down the ramp onto the PCH (ca 1).

    > >> 2) Where Edie Adams is taking a drink at a water fountain and spots
    > >> the "big w".

    > >> If anyone has the movie can you rip the scenes and post somewhere
    > >> please?

    > >> Also would like the opening overture as an MP3.

    > >> thanks

    > >The whole movie?
    > >Download:

    > >CD1:
    > >http://rapidshare.com/files/13264690/MadWorld_1.part1.rar
    > >http://rapidshare.com/files/13264697/MadWorld_1.part2.rar
    > >http://rapidshare.com/files/13264865/MadWorld_1.part3.rar
    > >http://rapidshare.com/files/13264912/MadWorld_1.part4.rar
    > >http://rapidshare.com/files/13264907/MadWorld_1.part5.rar
    > >http://rapidshare.com/files/13264864/MadWorld_1.part6.rar
    > >http://rapidshare.com/files/13264693/MadWorld_1.part7.rar
    > >http://rapidshare.com/files/13264671/MadWorld_1.part8.rar

    > >CD2:
    > >http://rapidshare.com/files/13264681/MadWorld_2.part1.rar
    > >http://rapidshare.com/files/13264682/MadWorld_2.part2.rar
    > >http://rapidshare.com/files/13264685/MadWorld_2.part3.rar
    > >http://rapidshare.com/files/13264684/MadWorld_2.part4.rar
    > >http://rapidshare.com/files/13264691/MadWorld_2.part5.rar
    > >http://rapidshare.com/files/13264686/MadWorld_2.part6.rar
    > >http://rapidshare.com/files/13264890/MadWorld_2.part7.rar

    > >(for un-rar)
    > >Password:
    > >shadowfawkes

    > Thanks. Only problem is, free user gets one file download and that's
    > it so I wasted my time.

    Do you mean "free user" with rapidshare? Not so. It's just a bit
    slower, is all. OK, a LOT slower but it gets there.....eventually. :)

    sandy58, Nov 20, 2008
  12. richard

    D@Z Guest

    "sandy58" <> wrote in message
    > On Nov 20, 1:03 pm, richard <> wrote:
    >> On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 01:39:51 -0800 (PST), sandy58
    >>

    >> <> wrote:

    >> >The whole movie?

    > slower, is all. OK, a LOT slower but it gets there.....eventually. :)

    Hang on I will come round to your house with my pc sit there and rip the DVD
    which I will have bought as not to inconvenience you, oh and while I am at
    it I may as well paint your house, or maybe mow your lawn ...............you
    ungrateful dog turd. At least be gracious when people offer some advice or
    help

    D@Z, Nov 20, 2008
  13. richard

    richard Guest

    On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 02:01:04 -0600, "Holend" <>
    wrote:

    >"richard" <> wrote in message
    >> I'm looking for two scenes from the movie.
    >>
    >> 1) Where spencer tracy drives down the ramp onto the PCH (ca 1).
    >>
    >> 2) Where Edie Adams is taking a drink at a water fountain and spots
    >> the "big w".
    >>
    >> If anyone has the movie can you rip the scenes and post somewhere
    >> please?
    >>
    >> Also would like the opening overture as an MP3.
    >>
    >> thanks
    >>

    >ever heard of this little app called bit torrent
    >
    >go check it out ,,, goodbye

    Yes I have, idiot, and I prefer NOT to mess with it.
    I said scenes, not the entire movie.

    richard, Nov 21, 2008
  14. richard

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 12:59:02 -0500, richard <>
    wrote:

    >Yes I have, idiot, and I prefer NOT to mess with it.
    >I said scenes, not the entire movie.

    Because ... uhhh .. Yeah, that's what people share on the internet -
    scenes from movies. Not the entire movie.

    You could try youtube, but that's unlikely to find the two scenes you
    want, or just download the entire movie and be done with it.

    Evan Platt, Nov 21, 2008