    monitor. Is there another way. I would prefer it to open on the second
    monitor.

    Thanks
    Ted, Jan 2, 2006

  2. Ted

    Paul_B Guest

    On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 00:51:45 GMT, Ted wrote:

    > Hello
    >
    > I installed a four port video capture card to monitor surveillance
    > cameras. I have two monitors on a dual monitor ATI card under XP, The basic
    > software for the video card works fine, but I need to move it to the
    > secondary monitor. Since I can't down size it I can't drag it to the second
    > monitor. Is there another way. I would prefer it to open on the second
    > monitor.
    >
    > Thanks

    Your ATI card's desktop management software might allow for
    speccing where that program displays. Other than that, contact
    the application's maker.

    Paul
    Paul_B, Jan 2, 2006

  3. Ted

    kenny Guest

    you can try the following 2 programs, that can do what you want
    and have many other nice features

    Ultramon
    www.ultramon.com shareware

    Multi Monitor Taskbar
    http://www.mediachance.com/free/multimon.htm Freeware

    Both these programs add a fourth button on the title bar of the window
    so you can push that and it will be sent to the other monitor

    Kenny www.computerboom.net

    kenny, Jan 2, 2006
  4. Ted

    Mitch Guest

    In article <BO_tf.8195$>, Ted
    <> wrote:

    > Hello
    >
    > I installed a four port video capture card to monitor surveillance
    > cameras. I have two monitors on a dual monitor ATI card under XP, The basic
    > software for the video card works fine, but I need to move it to the
    > secondary monitor. Since I can't down size it I can't drag it to the second
    > monitor. Is there another way. I would prefer it to open on the second
    > monitor.

    You may not have the ability to move the window from where it is, but
    you MIGHT be able to open a new window which also displays one of those
    sources. If it's really a video capture card, it must list each source
    in the OS, right?
    I don't have any software to suggest.
    Mitch, Jan 2, 2006
  5. Ted

    Ted Guest

    Paul_B
    The ATI card software offered nothing to assign certain programs.
    Kenny
    Both programs failed to apply the little move icons on my target capture
    software. Seems to work on everything else I am running.
    Mitch
    If I understand correctly I would loss all the settings for record. and
    motion activation which I need.
    While the board works well the freeware was written in UK and I have not
    receive any response form them. I will most likely have to buy something. Or
    I may take an old computer/monitor and dedicate it.
    Thanks

    Ted, Jan 3, 2006