Two ISP topology

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by agustincc@gmail.com, Aug 5, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hi all,

    I have a bit of configuration problem with my cisco router.
    I think it should be something simple, but I can't seem to find it
    anywhere.
    This is the scenario:
    We have to sites, one in NY and one in Argentina.
    We are using a Cisco Pix in NY and a cisco router in the other site.
    This two devices are currently connected using a VPN and also each site
    accept connection from cisco vpn clients for roaming users.
    The thing is that for backup and also to have more bandwith we get a
    second link from a different ISP, and what we want to do is having all
    the traffic to the open internet going trougth one link and all the VPN
    traffic in the other interface.
    This will be:
    interface FE 0/1.1 >>> VPN traffic
    interface FE 0/1.2 >>> internet traffic.
    This is done also, my question is regarding the posibility to configure
    FE 0/1.2 (open internet traffic) as a backup link for the VPN meaning
    that if the link from ISP 1 (the one for VPN traffic) goes down it
    should automatically switch the vpn to the other interface.
    If someone have done this already it will be a great help if you could
    tell me which system have you used or how did you accomplish this.
    One thing that I cannot find is, what happend if I applied the same
    crypto map to two different interfaces in the cisco router?, Will it
    build the tunnel with the pix trought both, ISP 1 and 2?
    In case it does, what policy the router will use to send the traffic?
    Regards.
    And thanks in advance.

    , Aug 5, 2006

  2. www.BradReese.Com, Aug 5, 2006