    Robert Guest

    How does one bring in a image into another one using PS. I have tried in
    using lawers but cannot find out on how to bring in one image in to another.
    Robert, Oct 26, 2004

  2. "Robert" <> writes:

    > How does one bring in a image into another one using PS. I have
    > tried in using lawers but cannot find out on how to bring in one
    > image in to another.

    Open the first image in photoshop. Open the second image in photoshop
    (it'll be in a second sub-window). Select the entire second image,
    and copy it to the clipboard. Go back to the first image. Paste it
    in; it will go onto a new layer.

    Now, depending on what you want, you can adjust transparency of the
    new layer, or increase the canvas side and move the two layers around
    so the two images don't totally overlap, or whatever you were aiming
    for.
    David Dyer-Bennet, Oct 26, 2004

  3. Robert

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >From: "Robert"

    >How does one bring in a image into another one using PS. I have tried in
    >using lawers but cannot find out on how to bring in one image in to another.

    Open both images and arrange so you can see both of them. Type 'v' to get the
    Move tool and click-drag on the layer you want to move and slide it over to the
    other image. It will appear as a new layer on top of the new image.

    If you want to center it (like if they are the same size and you want them to
    register exactly) hold down the shift key as you drag.

    If you run into problems check that both images are in the same mode (ie, 8 bit
    RGB or whatever).

    Bill
    Bill Hilton, Oct 26, 2004
  4. Robert

    Hunt Guest

    In article <-b.net>, says...

    >"Robert" <> writes:
    >
    >> How does one bring in a image into another one using PS. I have
    >> tried in using lawers but cannot find out on how to bring in one
    >> image in to another.

    >Open the first image in photoshop. Open the second image in photoshop
    >(it'll be in a second sub-window). Select the entire second image,
    >and copy it to the clipboard. Go back to the first image. Paste it
    >in; it will go onto a new layer.
    >
    >Now, depending on what you want, you can adjust transparency of the
    >new layer, or increase the canvas side and move the two layers around
    >so the two images don't totally overlap, or whatever you were aiming
    >for.
    >--
    >David Dyer-Bennet

    And, if you want to see just a segment of the added image (Layer), click on
    the Layer Mask icon at the bottom of the Layer Palette. Make sure that this
    Layer Mask is selected in the Channel's palette, and chose the Paint Brush. If
    black is selected in the color swatch on the Toolbox, just paint. This will
    mask out any unwanted sections of this new Layer, allowing you to see the
    image on the Background Layer (or Layer 1, or whatever you have named it). You
    have not modified the new Layer, only kept parts from being visible. You can
    Filter>Blur (try Gaussian Blur) to soften this Layer Mask.

    Hunt
    Hunt, Oct 26, 2004
  5. Robert

    bob Guest

    (Hunt) wrote in news::

    > And, if you want to see just a segment of the added image (Layer),
    > click on the Layer Mask icon at the bottom of the Layer Palette. Make
    > sure that this Layer Mask is selected in the Channel's palette, and
    > chose the Paint Brush. If black is selected in the color swatch on the
    > Toolbox, just paint. This will mask out any unwanted sections of this
    > new Layer, allowing you to see the image on the Background Layer (or
    > Layer 1, or whatever you have named it). You have not modified the new
    > Layer, only kept parts from being visible. You can Filter>Blur (try
    > Gaussian Blur) to soften this Layer Mask.

    The cool thing about working with Layer Masks is that if you take off too
    much (by painting over it with black) you can get it back by painting with
    white. I usually start off trying to use the magic wand to select areas,
    but it usually isn't perfect, so I use a big brush with black paint for
    large areas, and then go back with a small brush in either black or white
    to do the details.

    Bob

    --
    Delete the inverse SPAM to reply