Two images of Saturn

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by tontoko, Mar 12, 2005.

  1. tontoko

    tontoko Guest

    tontoko, Mar 12, 2005

  2. tontoko

    secheese Guest

    secheese, Mar 12, 2005

  3. tontoko

    werdan Guest

    werdan, Mar 12, 2005
  4. tontoko

    secheese Guest

    On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 05:13:39 GMT, "werdan"
    <> wrote:

    >"secheese" <> wrote in message
    >> On 11 Mar 2005 20:42:17 -0800, "tontoko" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>The following image of Saturn's storm was taken by Hubble telescope.
    >>>
    >>>http://139.134.5.123/tiddler2/c22508/storm.jpg
    >>>
    >>>That image was sharpened by a software as,
    >>>
    >>>http://139.134.5.123/tiddler2/c22508/storm2-7.jpg
    >>>
    >>>For other examples of images sharpened by that software, visit:
    >>>
    >>>http://www.geocities.com/q17320508/focuscorrector/gallery/misc/misc.htm

    >> So...
    >>

    >Spam?

    No doubt!

    secheese, Mar 12, 2005
  5. tontoko

    Ron Hunter Guest

    werdan wrote:
    > "secheese" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>On 11 Mar 2005 20:42:17 -0800, "tontoko" <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>The following image of Saturn's storm was taken by Hubble telescope.
    >>>
    >>>http://139.134.5.123/tiddler2/c22508/storm.jpg
    >>>
    >>>That image was sharpened by a software as,
    >>>
    >>>http://139.134.5.123/tiddler2/c22508/storm2-7.jpg
    >>>
    >>>For other examples of images sharpened by that software, visit:
    >>>
    >>>http://www.geocities.com/q17320508/focuscorrector/gallery/misc/misc.htm

    >>So...
    >>

    > Spam?

    I don't know about spam, but the last site wants an email address. No
    thanks. Sheesh, he already has my IP, why does he want my email address....

    --
    Ron Hunter

    Ron Hunter, Mar 12, 2005
  6. tontoko

    Ken Oaf Guest

    On 11 Mar 2005 20:42:17 -0800, "tontoko" <> wrote:

    > The following image of Saturn's storm was taken by Hubble telescope.
    >
    > http://139.134.5.123/tiddler2/c22508/storm.jpg
    >
    > That image was sharpened by a software as,
    >
    > http://139.134.5.123/tiddler2/c22508/storm2-7.jpg
    >
    > For other examples of images sharpened by that software, visit:
    >
    > http://www.geocities.com/q17320508/focuscorrector/gallery/misc/misc.htm

    Scam!

    The first image on that geoshitties site I recognise. It was not out of focus.
    See for yourselves at:-

    http://img156.exs.cx/img156/791/5009804ah.jpg

    Ken Oaf, Mar 12, 2005
  7. tontoko

    tontoko Guest

    tontoko, Mar 12, 2005
  8. tontoko

    Colin D Guest

    Ken Oaf wrote:

    > On 11 Mar 2005 20:42:17 -0800, "tontoko" <> wrote:
    >
    > > The following image of Saturn's storm was taken by Hubble telescope.
    > >
    > > http://139.134.5.123/tiddler2/c22508/storm.jpg
    > >
    > > That image was sharpened by a software as,
    > >
    > > http://139.134.5.123/tiddler2/c22508/storm2-7.jpg
    > >
    > > For other examples of images sharpened by that software, visit:
    > >
    > > http://www.geocities.com/q17320508/focuscorrector/gallery/misc/misc.htm

    > Scam!
    >
    > The first image on that geoshitties site I recognise. It was not out of focus.
    > See for yourselves at:-
    >
    > http://img156.exs.cx/img156/791/5009804ah.jpg

    You're right. I didn't like the so-called correction anyway - made the
    'corrected' shots look as if they had the measles.

    Colin

    Colin D, Mar 12, 2005
  9. tontoko

    Darrell Guest

    "werdan" <> wrote in message

    > "secheese" <> wrote in message
    > > On 11 Mar 2005 20:42:17 -0800, "tontoko" <> wrote:
    > >
    > >>The following image of Saturn's storm was taken by Hubble telescope.
    > >>
    > >>http://139.134.5.123/tiddler2/c22508/storm.jpg
    > >>
    > >>That image was sharpened by a software as,
    > >>
    > >>http://139.134.5.123/tiddler2/c22508/storm2-7.jpg
    > >>
    > >>For other examples of images sharpened by that software, visit:
    > >>
    > >>http://www.geocities.com/q17320508/focuscorrector/gallery/misc/misc.htm

    > > So...
    > >

    > Spam?

    Worse than spam, he is harvesting e-mail addresses. His lame website asks
    for your e-mail before you can view.

    Comment on the product, well it sucks all samples are pixelated and over
    compressed.

    Darrell, Mar 12, 2005
  10. tontoko

    Darrell Guest

    Darrell, Mar 12, 2005
  11. Colin D wrote:

    > Ken Oaf wrote:
    >
    >>On 11 Mar 2005 20:42:17 -0800, "tontoko" <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>The following image of Saturn's storm was taken by Hubble telescope.
    >>>
    >>>http://139.134.5.123/tiddler2/c22508/storm.jpg
    >>>
    >>>That image was sharpened by a software as,
    >>>
    >>>http://139.134.5.123/tiddler2/c22508/storm2-7.jpg
    >>>
    >>>For other examples of images sharpened by that software, visit:
    >>>
    >>>http://www.geocities.com/q17320508/focuscorrector/gallery/misc/misc.htm

    >>Scam!
    >>
    >>The first image on that geoshitties site I recognise. It was not out of focus.
    >>See for yourselves at:-
    >>
    >>http://img156.exs.cx/img156/791/5009804ah.jpg

    > You're right. I didn't like the so-called correction anyway - made the
    > 'corrected' shots look as if they had the measles.
    >
    > Colin

    Yes, and it is not even Saturn. It is the Great red Spot on Jupiter.

    Roger

    Roger N. Clark (change username to rnclark), Mar 12, 2005
  12. tontoko

    Gaderian Guest

    Gaderian, Mar 12, 2005
  13. I think you confused Saturn with Jupiter.Anyway, these photos exist since
    the 80's, from the voyager missions.And the software corrected photo is
    worse than the original, which is blurred.

    --
    Tzortzakakis Dimitri?s
    dimtzort AT otenet DOT gr

    Dimitrios Tzortzakakis, Mar 12, 2005
  14. tontoko

    werdan Guest

    "Roger N. Clark (change username to rnclark)" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    > Yes, and it is not even Saturn. It is the Great red Spot on Jupiter.

    ROFL. Geez I'm slow. That didn't even click.

    werdan, Mar 13, 2005
  15. tontoko

    Colin D Guest

    werdan wrote:

    > "Roger N. Clark (change username to rnclark)" <> wrote in
    > message news:...
    > >
    > > Yes, and it is not even Saturn. It is the Great red Spot on Jupiter.
    > >

    > ROFL. Geez I'm slow. That didn't even click.

    Neither did I. Old age is a bugger...

    Colin

    Colin D, Mar 13, 2005
  16. tontoko

    Mike Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > On 11 Mar 2005 20:42:17 -0800, "tontoko" <> wrote:
    >
    > >The following image of Saturn's storm was taken by Hubble telescope.
    > >
    > >http://139.134.5.123/tiddler2/c22508/storm.jpg
    > >
    > >That image was sharpened by a software as,
    > >
    > >http://139.134.5.123/tiddler2/c22508/storm2-7.jpg
    > >
    > >For other examples of images sharpened by that software, visit:
    > >
    > >http://www.geocities.com/q17320508/focuscorrector/gallery/misc/misc.htm

    > So...

    ....so it seems a great way to add a whole bunch of artifacts
    to an image and render it useles for astronomical
    purposes...

    Mike, Mar 13, 2005